Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Paul Melvin

After seeing him for 6 months & doing all the tests he wanted to order (whether I thought they were medically necessary or not) he tells me he only wants patients he "can heal", no patients with any chronic medical conditions. Disappointing for a primary care provider and one who lists himself as a "specialist" in fibromyalgia, which is usually a chronic condition. Disappointing knowledge of fibromyalgia and it's related medical conditions. Also, not knowledgeable in what Medicare covers when I referred a patient to him. Just told the woman he did not know ;& sent her on her way instead of ordering the adaptive medical equipment she needed due to post-traumatic arthritis.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

This doctor became furious and yelled and lectured me when I calmly offered my opinion about my thyroid medication (he was totally against perscribing Armour thyroid). I think this doctor thinks he knows everything and didn't value my opinion or desires. The irony was that he had a painting of Hippocrates on his wall: "Do no harm."

flag | Submitted July 24, 2007

Thoughtful, encouraging and kind. Gives good referrals to specialists, and really seems to know his stuff. Best doctor I've ever had. Other people I've referred to him are very happy with his expertise as well.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2006

I found him to be very unhelpful--he took his time with call backs, sometimes 2-3 days. Also, he seemed oddly uninformed--he was "unaware" of a connection between diet and colon cancer. Given his supposed background, he seemed quite ignorant. I worried he must have graduated at the bottom of his class and found another physician.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2005

Very knowledgeable doctor. Takes time with his patients, answers questions happily and thoroughly, and follows up. The first doctor I've had since my pediatrician who actually seems to like his patients.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2005

Dr. Kenneth Paul Melvin's Credentials

• Univ Of Otago, Med Sch, Dunedin, New Zealand (Grad. 1998)