Ratings for Dr. Cynthia Lee

After receiving news that my mammogram and ultrasound looked suspicious, I spoke with the nurse navigator who recommended I see Dr. Cynthia Lee at Steeplechase Cancer Center for further testing. When I spoke with my gynecologist about the nurse navigator’s recommendation, she too agreed that I would be in “good hands” with Dr. Lee. Soon after, Dr. Lee examined me and then performed a biopsy on my right breast. She was professional, gentle, and explained everything carefully to me. My results came back and I was officially diagnosed with breast cancer in December of 2017. Dr. Lee had me come into the office shortly after that so we could start discussing the next steps. I highly recommend her. She is a phenomenal surgeon, but just as important she cares about her patients. She always takes the time to speak with me and answer questions, concerns, and just simply ask how I’m doing. I never felt rushed or that another situation was more important than mine. To be diagnosed with breast cancer is terrifying. I was 37 when it happened to me. Dr. Lee has been a huge support in my battle against breast cancer. I am thankful to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. Cynthia Lee is a compassionate, caring, and brilliant surgeon. I would not have gone to anyone else for my breast surgery. She literally saved my life. She spent as much time as I wanted to with myself and my husband answering all our questions. She gave us not only the facts, but her opinion. Throughout these last 18 months, Dr. Lee has always been there for me and continues to be a great support. I totally trust her and I highly recommend her as a person and as a clinician.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Not a good bedside manner - seemed annoyed when asked questions to explain something I didn't understand. Had her office manager tell me not to return because 8 years ago, I had cancelled a procedure and went to another surgeon then. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I was very disappointed with Dr. Cynthia Lee's professionalism and helpfulness. I met with the Doctor after an assistant conducted a preliminary survey. When the Doctor entered the exam room, it was obvious that she had already decided to NOT HELP ME! She said my case was too difficult, too complicated and she would not be willing to take me on as a patient. She did suggest that I might fly to Cleveland, Ohio to consult with the Cleveland Clinic. Thanks for nothing, Doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr. Lee did my Colon Surgery a year ago and it went very well. Today I had to visit her again for a Breast Biopsy and she was as professional and friendly as I remember. She gave me an exam and answered all my questions and did not rush me out. She helped me to be more at ease as I take it one step at a time. If I do need a surgeon (hopefully not) she will be the one I choose. I have confidence in her knowledge and I know she will do what is best for me. I do not require hand holding but I do find Dr. Lee to be a kind and caring doctor!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr Lee has been my surgeon for twelve years. She took very good care of me twelve years ago when I had a lumpectomy for breast cancer. Then last year when a mamogram and ulrasound showed something but the radiologist didn't think it was cancer but wanted a six month followup. I saw Dr Lee a month later and she said it was being biospied the next week. I thank god for Dr Lee because it was stage three breast cancer. Two months later Dr Lee did a double mascetomy.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

An hour wait...attitude when i was annoyed by that...did exam even though i had a mammo and ultrasound and this was just a results visit. Flaccid apology for the wait, why do they care when we lose salary to male it on time. Sure takes my copay in time!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr. Lee is a wonderful surgeon. I went in for surgery on my colon October 1st (Tuesday) and was home by Friday and feeling well. She has a very good bed side manner and I found her very informative before and after the surgery. My daughters were very pleased with her as they had many questions after the surgery which she politely answered. My follow up was the next week and it went very well. If needed (hope not) I would not hesitate to use Dr. Lee again, I have full confidence in her work.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Dr. Lee was my surgeon for two mastectomies. She appeared very knowledgeable but short and to the point; but caring and concerned. My mother is asian and to the point. If you need more hand-holding then you need to look elsewhere. I trust in Dr. Lee but you will have to make your own decisions based on the info. that she provides you.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

I have no complaints about the hernia surgey Dr Lee provided. It seems to have been successful. But those who need hand holding or even the slightest bedside manner will be disapointed. I would say I spent a total of 8 minutes with Dr Lee - 5 for my consultation where she confirmed I needed surgery and another 3 right before the operation. She is all business and the abrupt xonsultation meetings did leave me a little more nervous about whether I was doing the right thing than I should have been.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Dr. Cynthia Lee's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Somerville, NJ