Ratings for Dr. Shamim Y. Patel

My son is now one year old. I'm writing this review still remembering Dr Patel. So grateful for the speedy and comfortable delivery! It was great experience. Never met doctor who would be so dedicated and professional. Dr Patel is awesome person with professional dignity, she really cares about her patients, smart, knowledgeable and kind.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

best doctor ever! very dedicated.. i would recomend this to everyone

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I am 7 months pregnant with my first, and Dr. Patel has made my pregnancy thus far an excellent experience. She is very thorough, and will answer every question I have, no matter how silly or serious the question may be. She takes the time to make sure that my husband and I understand everything that is and will happen. Her staff is very welcoming and personable. She is not the most punctual, but definitely worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

I was immediately impressed by Dr. Patel. I recently experienced a devastating miscarriage, at 19wks, possibly complicated by uterine fibroids and Dr. Patel was exactly the type of doctor I needed to visit. She was NOT involved as my physician but spent more time with me that all of my prior ob-gyn appointments. If you are searching for a doctor who will listen to you thoroughly and come up with a plan of action and respond to all your concerns she is perfect. A little late for the appointment (30-40min) but some docs are worth the wait. I'll gladly drive from Chicago to the west burbs to meet with her.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

She is amazing, very thorough and caring. I followed her out to the burbs, worth the drive. Right now I'm going through some crazy medical stuff, lots to tests etc.. She does her best not to panic you while keeping you informed about what might be wrong. She is fast with replies if you leave a message with her staff and is always very caring.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

Dr. Patel is such a caring and knowledgable physician. I was very impressed with her thoroughness and bedside manner. She never rushed me through appointments, remembered personal details about me, gave excellent advise and always made me feel comfortable. No question went unanswered, and I never felt afraid to ask one in the first place. This is the one body we get, so caring for it should be just as important to your doctor as it is to you. I have referred friends to her as well. Unfortunately since she recently moved her practice to Naperville, I had to find a new OBGYN in the Chicago area. However, I am greatful for the years of great care she gave me.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

This Doctor has been more than amazing. Very professional along with her staff.She is great at getting back to you with an emergency, and takes the time to explain your options and most importantly gives you choices. She never rushes you out of the office, not pretentious or condescending. Extremely knowledgeable and understanding to her patients needs. I was misdiagnosed by three doctors. She pinpointed my problem since my first visit, I’m just glad to have found a doctor like her who truly cares. I was given her number by another person who had also been misdiagnosed several times. We don’t have the same problem at all but she sure did figure both out immediately.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Dr. Shamim Y. Patel's Credentials

• Hindi

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1996)