Ratings for Dr. Jose R. Antunes

The nurse took me into patient room and as I waited for Dr Antunis, I looked around and noticed the red box with used needles was overflowing with 4-inch-long thyroid needles which were piled so high on top of each other that they were sticking well out of the top, some piled on top of the others so that the entire 4 inches was out of the box. Yep I got a photo. Who does this get reported to? Also, there is no way to rate the doctor himself, which would be ONE star. The only way you can rate is on punctuality, helpfulness and knowledge. No way to complain about the deficient doctor himself.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

I agree with the other posts- he seems to not care at all about what you have to say. He seemed disinterested in me as a person, almost like I was wasting his time- after a blood test and an ultrasound confirmed problems. PA does seem like she is trying to cover for what a poor job he does. People at the front desk were nice though.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I got the distinct feeling he had dementia and his PA (who does most of the work up) was trying to cover for him. His knowledge is extremely old school. He doesn't take time or interest. Run.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Will go to vet next time wrong treat MENT for 5 years went to va to get right treatment &meds

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

This doctors office is so poorly run that it has become unbearable to be a patient. They are rude and antiquated in their systems and processes. The back office personnel are actually abrasive and difficult to the point of being insulting to the patient. Not worth the frustration so I left and went to another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

PA did a very thorough interview. Then wanted to order prescriptions without knowing levels from bloodwork for dosage. Willy nilly. Why do bloodwork if they don't use the information. Dosage not right? Oh, you'll have side effects, then we'll change the dose. Are you serious? Saw the doctor for maybe 30 seconds. Then comes the $200 bill because my insurance wouldn't cover their in-office lab fees.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

HORRIBLE!!!!! HORRIBLE!!!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!! He takes on cases that he has NO knowledge about!!!!!!!! Do NOT waste your time or money!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

He doesn't listen. Prescribed much too high a dose of medicine and didn't return calls about side effects. Rushes in and out and barely talks. Won't take insurance. I paid and then my insurance paid him. He will not return the overpayment to me.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr Antunes is said to a good doctor. Maybe this is in regards to his knowledge. I wouldn't know. They don't return calls. Horrible bedside manner. I had to request my scans from the hospital, since it has been 2 weeks. I know my results mean I need treatment, but I have no idea what I am in for or how serious it is. I have been calling and still haven't heard from him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

He is arrogant, doesn't listen and rushed into irreversible decisions. Avoid this Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr. Jose R. Antunes's Credentials

• Univ De Sao Paulo, Fac De Med, Sao Paulo, Sp, Brazil (Grad. 1970)

AARP