Ratings for Dr. Jose R. Antunes

Will go to vet next time wrong treat MENT for 5 years went to va to get right treatment &meds

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

This doctors office is so poorly run that it has become unbearable to be a patient. They are rude and antiquated in their systems and processes. The back office personnel are actually abrasive and difficult to the point of being insulting to the patient. Not worth the frustration so I left and went to another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

PA did a very thorough interview. Then wanted to order prescriptions without knowing levels from bloodwork for dosage. Willy nilly. Why do bloodwork if they don't use the information. Dosage not right? Oh, you'll have side effects, then we'll change the dose. Are you serious? Saw the doctor for maybe 30 seconds. Then comes the $200 bill because my insurance wouldn't cover their in-office lab fees.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

HORRIBLE!!!!! HORRIBLE!!!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!! He takes on cases that he has NO knowledge about!!!!!!!! Do NOT waste your time or money!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

He doesn't listen. Prescribed much too high a dose of medicine and didn't return calls about side effects. Rushes in and out and barely talks. Won't take insurance. I paid and then my insurance paid him. He will not return the overpayment to me.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr Antunes is said to a good doctor. Maybe this is in regards to his knowledge. I wouldn't know. They don't return calls. Horrible bedside manner. I had to request my scans from the hospital, since it has been 2 weeks. I know my results mean I need treatment, but I have no idea what I am in for or how serious it is. I have been calling and still haven't heard from him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

He is arrogant, doesn't listen and rushed into irreversible decisions. Avoid this Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

AFTER ONE YEAR MY THYROD STILL BAD, HE DIDNT CARE, HE DOESNT INFORM ME ABOUT ANYTHING, HE DOESNT REMEMBER WHAT AMOUNT OF MEDICINE HE GAVE THE LAST APPOITMENT, HE JUST CARE ABOUT THE MONEY, HE DOESNT LIKE TO TALK AN EXPLAIN AND DOESNT LIKE TO LISTEN ! HE ALWAYS CHARGE ME 100 DOLLARS FOR EXTRA TEST THAT I NEVER HAD THE UNSWER

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease and opted for RAI therapy. Dr. Antunes had to administer it twice before it was successful. He started me on 25mg of Synthroid, increasing by 25mg. I visited his office every 6 weeks complaining of body aches, excessive weight gain, hair loss, sleepiness (all classic sx of hypothyroidism), he refused to increase the dosage to alleviate these sx. I went to my family physician she view my labs and increased my dosage immediately and all the above symptoms started to subside within days. It is apparent that he is reckless because I told him that I am a nurse, just imagine what he does to is patients that doesn't question treatment. He is only concerned about the money. If you are in Sarasota area Dr. Lupo is the best!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Dr. Jose R. Antunes's Credentials

• Univ De Sao Paulo, Fac De Med, Sao Paulo, Sp, Brazil (Grad. 1970)