Ratings for Dr. Jill A. Silverman

Ms. Silverman is probably the most incompetent physician I've ever seen. Her staff are generally awful. The receptionist is rude and impossible to get ahold of. The NA was incredibly brusque and gave me a huge bruise on my arm after poking me multiple times trying to find a vein. Silverman herself really couldn't care less. She's quite old and I think her senescence is progressing at a rapid rate-- she seems content to just sit back in her chair, nod and smile as you describe your issues and then have absolutely nothing to offer in terms of insight into what might be wrong or recommendations for specialists who might have an idea or anything constructive at all. In fact, the day I saw her I had been suffering from a flare up of an ongoing intestinal illness and I had to ask her repeatedly for tests. Also, and I sorta hate to say this, but she's the only medical professional I've ever seen who had terrible body odor. Do yourself a favor and find another GP!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009

I came in with textbook Lyme symptoms which grew worse over a period of several weeks. She and her staff were dismissive and wouldn't even ENTERTAIN the possibility that my negative Lyme test result was a false negative, even though I had all classic symptoms and the test for Lyme is notoriously unreliable. Thankfully once my symptoms moved into chest pain upon slight exertion I found a new doctor who re-tested me (even though she knew I had previously tested negative) for Lyme. The results came back off the charts positive. I first went to see Dr. Silverman with a rash in early July 2006. My new doctor diagnosed me in early October 2006. Not even a visit to the emergency room & CAT scan & spinal tap could persuade "Dr." Silverman that perhaps my symptoms and pain were real. In addition, her front desk pitbull (not Barbara, the woman who replaced Barbara) repeatedly cut me off mid-sentence, kept me on hold or just hung up on me. I hope next time she listens to her patients.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

Poorly run office. When she is at the Medical Center, she is unreachable. Her office staff are incompetent and unpleasant.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2005

Dr. Jill A. Silverman's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

• Blue Shield California