Ratings for Dr. Robert H. Amsler

Dr Amsler has been an excellent, caring, and a a great medical communicator. I would strongly recommend him to anyone needing general medical care. Dr. Amsler does take the time communicating with his patients which may result in appointment delays. I do not see this as an issue since I allot an adequate time slot for my periodic appointments.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

A excellent doctor...it is worth every minute waiting to see him! He takes the time to listen and help his patients. He truly heard his calling; love this doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I was recommended this doctor by a friend.The first red flag was seeing signs posted on all the walls of his office rewarding you cash for referring patients to his office. Then at each visit the first question he would ask me was if I referred him anybody!! The assistants are very rude and unprofessional. Every year of the last 5 I went there they would interrogate me as to why I went to an OB-Gyn when he could take care of my female issues! I have a recurring prescription and they charge me $10 every time he has to phone it in for refill! This year I did not need to have a yearly physical. I am in fabulous health! His staff forced me to come in or I could not get my prescription refilled. When I told him I did not need a physical this year as my insurance rated me as being very healthy he threw the pad at me angrily and said take your drugs. I take an antidepressant! Taking my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I was very impressed with my first visit with Dr. Amsler after reading a very good review on a similar website, but now I beginning to think the Doc is a "quack!" He is never on time for your appointment, and with the exception of 3 of the nurse assistance, I'm beginning to take a very, very dim view of office staff at the front desk. They almost work like mafia extortionist about your co-pay. I happen to witness a new patient that was not familiar with the "process" of the Family Doctor, where if you don't pay up front, you don't get seen.. PERIOD!! So offensive!!! This patient had to have someone come across town just to bring her deductible of $23 bucks, & this person was visibly ill!! Unreal!! I won't be returning... And I do agree with one of the other reviews, Dr. Amsler is very "partial" when it comes to men!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

He is always late. I have waited over 2 hours to see him. I was billed for asking for refills and was given only 1 refill so each month i had to call and was billed each time. The office nurse doesn't seem to remember when she tells you to call her the next day, when you do she blows you off. Would not want to "bother" her again. However, I do like Dr. Amsler and will continue to see him even if I have to wait.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2011

I only saw Dr. Amsler once, but I would never return. His first words to me were a warning that he did not want to waste his time with any discussion that was not what he considered to the point. He stopped me several times as I tried to explain the complications of my problems. I believe that if he does not know anything about a disorder, he tends to intimidate the patient, especially a woman. He said we were not suited, which I had figured out long before he said it. He made a reference to the fact that my husband, his patient, was a real man's man. I guess I didn't qualify for that. I found out later that he had treated one of my friends, a female with the same disorder, in the same way. So if you are a real man, he's the doctor for you. If you are a woman with chronic pain, however, beware.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

Dr. Amsler seemed very knowledgeable, but he really rubbed me the wrong way. Of course, that could very well have been because by the time I saw him it was 3:45, and my appointment was for 2:00 with another doctor. When I told the front desk I needed to leave right then, he agreed to see me on the other doctor's behalf. However, seeing as by that point I was running very late, I didn't really have time to see him much.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Dr. Amsler is the best doctor I have ever went to. He will explain anything you ask him and he will do everything he can for you.I trust him 100%. I would rate him a 10 star if it went that high.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2007

He is wonderful as a doctor and I love going to him.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2007

Though Dr. Amsler is pretty good and answered all my questions, he never sends his prescriptions so you can get your tests done at the hospital. It causes all kinds of delays. Also,it's his office staff that is totally inefficient! Insurance is not billed in a timely manner (sometimes a year or more!)and you can't get a straight answer about test results. If you call to cancel an appointment, beware! You will suddenly get a bill for a missed appointment even if you cancel more than 2 days in advance. Working with them is so frustrating, that is why I changed doctors...not because of Dr. Amsler, buy because you cannot work with his office staff!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

Dr. Robert H. Amsler's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1977)

MB Health