Ratings for Dr. Sherri L. Graf

Dr Graf is a great doctor for high-intervention friendly patients that don't care to establish a relationship with their care provider, like expecting the Dr to read your file thoroughly before walking into the room. I swear this Dr won't know who you are even if you see her 10x. She is professional and very knowledgeable - IF she takes the time to listen (which she did very occasionally). My beef with her, and my reason to leave her care after having my child, were the following: a) I had to tell her during EVERY SINGLE office visit that we are not interested in genetic testing or considering "other options" (At least take notes if you can't remember what patients tell you!) and b) she was on call when I went into labor. When I called in to report we were going to the hospital and that my water had broken, she responded very rudely. "How am I supposed to tell you if you are dilating? You have to go to the hospital!" Okkk, not what I asked and I thought I was supposed to call, my bad. So I left for the hospital to deliver my first child scared that my OB would lash out at me again. Great. She also had no idea who I was...after 40 weeks of care. 45 mins later ( we were at the hospital by then) she called to tell a nurse to induce labor to hurry things along. When I refused and waited for things to progress naturally (which they did!) she stopped answering the phone. The hospital staff literally could not get a hold of my OB and had to scramble to find a complete stranger to replace her!!!!!!! THANK GOD my boy waited just long enough for Dr Harris to start her shift who came right away and THANK GOD for the truly outstanding staff of Providence's ABC unit staff. Dr Harris is an A+ Dr and I wish she would work out of a different office. She is the stark opposite of Dr Graf. The other office staff is also great, even though they did encode something wrong twice which was a headache. So long story short: I can see how some people adore Dr Graf, but I will never return to her care due to my experience described above.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

If you are looking for a doc who is thorough I would not recommend Dr. Graf. I went to her after dealing with chronic vagainal burning that has been ongoing for 5 months. After she took a very brief history, she suggested having a biopsy. I agreed to it without hearing the whole story. After the biopsy she said she could cauterize the skin or stitch it and said really quickly, 'I'm going to just cauterize it. I then experienced the worst burning pain. I am already dealing with horrible burning! I was told that it would last a few hours but here I am a few days later and it is still bad. Had I known the procedure would involve this I wouldn't done it. She should have informed me of this. I told her I had taken 4 different antibiotics but she prescribe me another antibiotic. I obviously do not have an infection. And, she prescribed 2 different antibiotics that I had already taken. If she had done a thorough history she would have asked specifically what meds I tried.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

Dr. Graf is an excellent Doctor who encourages you to ask questions and gives you the time you need with her to obtain the answers. She is a gentle, caring, Doctor who withholds judgments. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

All I can say is Dr. Graf is the BEST! She takes the time to listen and explain things to you. My husband thought she was awesome too! If you've been searching for a GREAT Gynecologist, look no further, call Dr. Graf's office and schedule your appointment! Pam Steward Robinson Steward

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I chose Dr. Graf as my OB for my first pregnancy after reading all the great reviews about her online. I must tell you that I was not disappointed at all.. She is a wonderful , caring, compassionate doctor and is really fun to be around! She is very straightforward and you can talk to her about anything.. She delivered my baby via c section due to issues I had during delivery and the incision she made is so small and barely visible.. I was able to recover quite quickly as well soon after the surgery .. I will definitely recommend her to anyone who's looking for a great doctor and a wonderful friend:-) Her staff and Dr. Harris are equally great too:-)

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

There are so few doctors that make you feel listened to, heard and helped and Doctor Graf does all this and more. She speaks to you both using medicine and best practice as well as on a personal level. I revere her! She has taken me on an emergency basis, and even answered questions for me based on a surgical operation when the surgeon who was supposed to answer them never called back. I recommend her highly to everyone I know. She is one in a million!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

I was so scared to see the doctor after having numerous bad experiences. I did have to wait a while in the waiting room, and there were no magazines or tissues, and the office staff did not notice when I started crying because I was so scared. Dr. Graf, however, was great. She was patient and very gentle. That was the first time ever that I had a painless exam! She was also concerned with my overall health and the effects of birth control on my migraines. My insurance recently changed, and I am desperately hoping she participates with my new insurance so I can stay with her.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

Dr. Graf is a very good physician and my experience with her was positive up until she delivered my son. My labor was progressing but once they gave me Pitocin, his heart rate dropped. When the stopped the Pit, his heart rate was normal. She told me a c-section was in his best interest, so she did one. I only saw her for a minute after she delivered him and then I did not see her again until my 2 week check up. Dr. Harris came in every day to check on me. I requested my operative report and found out that my cesarean was NOT necessary. I will not be going back to Dr. Graf to deliver my next baby because I feel like she should have been honest and not jump the gun.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

I really like doctor Graf. She delivered both of my children. It was great experience - she was respectful of my wishes, flexible and very competent, which made me feel very comfortable. I met her as a second doctor in the office from which she separated later, but I liked her punctuality and business-like but very caring and attentive demeanor that I had to follow her to her new office. So many people I meet I find go to her now. I had some not so great experiences with her staff but it was more an exclusion to the rules. She is the type of person you would want to be your girlfriend. Her office is very crowded now, because she is such a great doctor, so now you may experience wait from time to time, but I know that her philosophy is that if you came to see her at 9 am, you did not come to see her at 10 am, so she really tries to do everything to keep appointment times, in addition to being just a great doctor and a person.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

her demeanor is very pleasant. She doesn't push the patient into seeing things her way, but could be more proactive in offering more non-surgical options. Her office is very calming and she & her a staff are a joy to be around.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2009

Dr. Sherri L. Graf's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1996)

HealthPartners