Ratings for Dr. John L. Gaines

Dr. Gaines at one time was an amazing doctor. As his practice got bigger, his work ethic declined. He is rude, arrogant, and often curses during your appointment. I have even heard stories where he has cursed at patients' spouses. You're lucky if you can see him since he dumps you on his two nurse practitioners, even after you've had a lengthy hospital stay. His entire physical is about 5 min. I've had longer visits at his specialists' offices. I would no longer recommend him to any of my friends since he is an embarrassment to his profession. All he cares about is the dollar that he makes.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

John Gaines has been our family doctor for more years than I want to think about; since my children were young teenagers (both now in their 40's).As a nurse, I have worked with many doctors, some good some bad; as a patient, I have been treated by several, some good, some bad, some downright dangerous. Dr. Gaines is most compassionate, highly intelligent, well educated, so down to earth. His diagnoses of any and all conditions have never been wrong that I have witnessed. I have the utmost trust and respect for him.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

He is the best physician I have been to and worked with in many years. He goes above and beyond for all of his patients. He is knowledgable, compassionate and just amazing!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

I MOVED BACK TO COUNTY AFTER BEING IN EUROPE AND MANY OTHER PLACES,DURING WHICH TIME, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH SYSTEMIC LUPUS ERYETHEMATOSIS. SINCE BACK AND IN DR. GINES CARE (25 YEARS) I AM DOING REMARKABLY WELL. I KNOW HE IS THE BEST, DOCTOR, DENTIST, NEUROLOGIST, EVERYTHING FOR ME.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

Dr. Gaines is one of the most caring, knowledgeable,and effective physicians I have ever encountered, and he has been my family doctor for more than twenty years. He is one of the most beloved doctors in our town, and always has a waiting list for new patients,mostly because he is already overworked, but will not slow down, even to the detriment of his own health. If he were Roman Catholic, he would be a living saint, in my judgment.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2008

Dr. John L. Gaines's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Commercial Insurance Company