Ratings for Dr. Jamie S. Chin

She personally called me with my diagnosis. I had been misdiagnosed at a previous Dr.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Dr. Chin provided me with excellent care- I will without a doubt return to her office. Although I had to wait a bit longer than expected, I felt at ease once I began speaking to Dr. Chin about my skin condition. To get multiple opinions, this was my third dermatologist visit for my condition, and I did not need to look any further. Once I was diagnosed, I scheduled another appointment with ease and returned for my surgery, which thankfully went very smoothy and successfully. A coworker of mine recommended Dr. Chin to me, and I too recommend her to everyone I know. Not only is she experienced, but she has a good bedside manner that really makes the patient feel comfortable. I've been to several dermatologists who did not have this ability, dismissing my worries and acting as if they did not have time for me. The staff seemed efficient, and the nurse also made me feel at ease.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

I went to Dr. Chin for a full body check after discovering a few new moles on my back. She was the second dermatologist I went to, and unlike the first dermatologist I had seen, she accurately diagnosed melanoma after a biopsy. It was also a bonus that the entire staff, including Dr. Chin who appeared to be very busy that day, was extremely friendly and accommodating. She took the time to ask a lot of questions and was obviously very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

I have seen Dr. Chin approximately ten times. I went to her because I did not trust the last dermatologists that I had seen for the last ten years. I found the office staff and Dr. Chin to be outstanding. Dr. Chin had found a melanoma on my back that others had missed. She has also removed several precancerous areas on my face. After much research on the topic, it was clear that she followed all appropriate medical guidelines and best practices. I consider her an outstanding dermatologist and will continue my check-ups with her. I have highly recommended her to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

In the waiting room I lift my shirt to show her what I think is a cancerous mole and she said its Seborrheic Karatoses, nothing worry about. I don't that a quick glance is a good diagnostic tool, How about a biopsy? Anything else, I said yes I have pimples and blackheads on my chin (I'm 46), she looked at my chin through a magnifying glass and said you have rocacea and proceeded to write out a perscription. I don't have Rocacea, I adult acne (per regular physician who advised I see a dermatologist). I ask about the lines around my mouth and she looked through her magnifying glass and said there hereditary and the only thing is to inject a filler. No offer of something to soften the lines, just injections that would need to be done every couple of months. I have a very fair complexion, the perfect candidate for skin cancer, she never ask if I wanted to schedule a yearly body check for melanoma like the American Cancer Society recommends. Will not return and will not recommened.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I visited Dr Chin on two seperate visits. The first visit was for a full body check for suspicious moles. She ended up digging a freckle out of the bottom of my foot. It was just your average looking freckle-nothing suspicious about it. I also went to see her for Roseaca. She prescribed tetracycline and some topical medications. The tetracycline was harsh on my stomach and I ended up getting acid reflux. After watching Pro-Activ commercials I decided to try it and it worked! I wondered why she would automatically prescribe medication without trying any alternative solutions such as Pro-Activ. I just felt that she was more interested in making money by unecessary surgeries and medications. I just didnt feel I could trust her.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

I was a returning patient. Scheduled appointment for full body check and mole check. When I went to my appointment I was told that they had not scheduled me for the full body check, did not have time that day and I would have to make another appointment. In other words, I would have to pay for another appointment. The reason given was that the MD would have to say I needed a full body check. At my appointment, the MD took one look at my chart and said she would do the check. Why couldn't this have been done when I called to make the appointment or at least been told this at that time? Also, I felt very rushed and the staff was rude. I felt like I was an inconvenience to them. I am not returning.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2005

Dr. Jamie S. Chin's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Crystal Lake, IL