Ratings for Dr. George F. Howard

This place is the epitome of what is wrong with our healthcare system. I have some moderate sleep problems and my PCP in Northampton suggested I go here. From the moment I walked in the door, I was viewed and treated NOT as a patient but as a source of REVENUE. They didn't care about me or helping solve my problem. They were 100% focused on convincing my insurance company to cover a full $2500 overnight sleep test. Like so many other specialists, this is a business first and a healthcare provider second. My advice if you have sleeping problems: don't go here.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I would advise people to avoid him. He took a very long time (over 9 months) to diagnose MS and his staff was very unhelpful. It was impossible to communicate with him. Neither he nor his staff took the time to learn my name which increased my feeling that they were not listening.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

difficult to reach between appointments. very slow to tell you about lab/test results. possible the worst doctor I have seen yet.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I totally disagree with the other ratings of this doctor. He, in fact, was the only one who did not think my muscle disease was psychological; he sent me to docs in Boston, Worcester, and NYC to be sure he wasn't "missing anything." He was not. He is an excellent, caring physician who listened, performed only appropriate tests, and who has helped me tremendously.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2006

If you want someone who does not jump to conclusions, who does not think everything is "psychological", or if you have had a head injury, maybe another doctor would be better. This doctor kept incomplete records and because I was never diagnosed with a head injury but rather migraines, in my opionion it was almost impossible to see a head injury specialist. Unfortunately I had no choice but to first see Dr. Howard. He has relocated to Amherst, MA

flag | Submitted June 15, 2006

Took 6 months to diagnose MS in order to maximize profit for hospital. Impossible to contact. Nurses could not remember my name. Was extremely dismissive of my feras of the disease. When asked for more information, he told me to look it up on the internet. I had to finally complain to the office manager to get him to return one phone call and he was then angry at me for tattling on him. By far, the worst doctor I have ever seen. Avoid this guy.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2005

Dr. George F. Howard's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1978)

AARP