Ratings for Dr. Philip L. Whitman

This podiatrist was extremely unknowledgable. He casted my feet because he recommended orthotics for flat feet. He charged me $125 for the casting and when I took the casts to the prosthetic company where I work, they said they were made completed incorrectly. He also billed my insurance for the visit and took an extra $50 for the copay. His office was dirty and his staff were rude and incompetent. He was very unprofessional as well.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Had over 2 weeks to contact primary physician with the details of his examination regarding a possibly serious foot problem along with requests for specific tests, but he never did. The GP had no idea, therefore, why I was in his office. I called Whitman to find out what had happened and, after over a week of avoiding my calls, he started reading notes to me on an entirely unrelated topic. Then he denied ever knowing anything about the serious problem he had sent me to have looked into, and finished by telling me that it was my responsibility to tell the primary his findings and that it was up to me to request those tests. Then he philosophically told me that when a patient doesn't like his doctor he can find a new one. Which I immediately did. --But if you want endless lectures about how Obamacare will ruin medical care in the U.S., this is the man to see. (****Accepts many insurances including Medicaid. His receptionist told me people on Medicaid, etc, are parasites.)

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

I'm happy with the operation, but he charged me every time I visited him, even for follow-up after the operation. I have confirmed with my insurance, and I was told that I shouldn't be charged for the co-pay for after opration visits! The secretary was rude, and I heard her yelling at patients a few times.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

I went to see Dr. Whitman for a bunion surgery and hammertoes. He was beyond knowledgable and came highly recomended by two top Hospitals. Lenox Hill and Cornell. He was very sweet and I have sent all my coworkers to him and they love him as well.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

After 7 Xrays & MRI, this doc never gave me a clear diagnosis. He then sent in a sales rep to sell me on using a ultrasound bone healing system without checking my insurance coverage. This sales rep, asked me person financial information and got nervous when I told him that I was going to call my insurance to check it out. Total SCAM & FRAUD here guys and the doctor knew it, he came told me to trust the rep because he has given him so much business. PLEASE do not trust this guy no matter how many times vows. My insurance said no financial info is needed ever for employer policies!!!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

HE IS AN UNSKILLED, UNKNOWING, BALD, UGLY MORON OF A DOCTOR WITH VERY LITTLE COMPASSION

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

Dr. Philip L. Whitman's Credentials

• Spanish

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1975)