Ratings for Dr. Connie Jo Pennington

My sister had colon cancer, so I have a colonoscopy every 5 years. Friends gave me Dr. Pennington's name. This is a compassionate, competent doctor. The people who work in Dr. Pennington's office are courteous, efficient and assist Dr. Pennington in timely appointments.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Worst experience of my life. Was not given proper sedation for endoscopy. It scraped my esophagus all the way down. My voice is affected. They physically restrained me and every muscle in my body was so sore. I had a low back, SI joint injury due to the nurse laying on me. I had aspiration pneumonia afterward and suffered PTSD from the experience. Months and years later I was finally able to get some relief with medication and psychotherapy. She was very uncaring and cold afterwards. I would recommend running away from her as fast as possible as she is only concerned with getting the reimbursement. She doesn't care how she treats the patient, she just sees cash.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Pennington did my colonoscopy this week. It was my first experience. I had put the procedure off for almost 10 years out of fear. It was a totally stress free experience with Dr. Pennington. She and the staff were WONDERFUL! I would HIGHLY recommend her!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

After my endoscopy, that evening and the next morning, I awoke with inability to speak, every muscle of my body was sore and I was just exhausted. I was unable to reach her, so I contacted my primary care doctor who had me come in and did a chest x-ray to discover that I had aspiration pneumonia. I have seen three ENTs for my damaged vocal cords due to her pushing the scope in an awkward way and to this day (10 years later), I cannot sing on tune. I was able to sing before; in fact sang in choir at church but cannot now. After a few days post-procedure, my memory began to return and I started having nightmares about the procedure and the despair and doom that I felt during the procedure. I truthfully thought I would die before it was over. I have never felt such pain. Instead of stopping the procedure when they realized I was not anesthetized, they physically restrained me and she continued, telling me to stop gagging and take deep breaths. DO NOT LET HER TOUCH ANYONE YOU LOVE.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

She is only interested in money - she has no compassion or even concern for her patients. She nearly killed me. Don't see this horrible excuse for a physician and don't let her touch you. Another patient has to have oxygen 24/7 now and can only whisper because she punctured through her esophagus and damaged her bronchial tubes beyond repair.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

Has very little interest in treating patients, but lots of interest in your insurance policy. Like many younger doctors she uses pills as a crutch for actual medical practice and takes no responsibility for the consequences of her decisions. If possible, get a second opinion on anything she recommends. Dr. P began treatment on me for a GI issue, and after 6 months of scripts and visits, and with no prior warning, suddenly refused to write scripts for meds that normally require step-down doses. Her explanation was I had been operated on by a prior surgeon who performed a procedure in a manner she disagreed with, and she no longer wanted to deal with me. Her staff displayed a great deal of arrogance and disrespect to both myself and my family on nearly every visit to the office. The office manager accused me of insurance fraud and directly insulted the Medicaid supervisor of our county. Once the issue was resolved, it was discovered that the office manager had made a data entry error.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Dr. P blundered through an endoscopy without proper anesthesia, causing me to get aspiration pneumonia, suffer irreparable damage to my vocal cords, PTSD, and back injury from being physically restrained. She is uncaring, uncompassionate and continued on even though I struggled and screamed (which would indicate that I was not properly anesthetized). I have suffered and am still under care for over 2 years since the event. She has no business practicing medicine. Run, don't walk, away from her practice. She has ruined my life.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2005

Dr. Connie Jo Pennington's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1995)

Delta Dental