Ratings for Dr. John E. Walker

I tried the Alden Bridge location for my soon hurt foot. Walker kicked us out of the office because I asked not to have the xray sent out. Which is not need as he has 30 years as a doctor and can tell if something is broken. He refused and said to leave the office. I am going to file a compliant with my insurance and the medical board. They can't make you do a service if it not needed. I WILL NEVER FOR SURE THIS TIME GO AGAIN. UPDATE: I just received a letter from John E Walker M.D terminating our physician-patient relationship. Funny the day they refused giving my child a XRAY I removed them as my primary provider after a 15 year relationship. It saddens me that there own staff is the one that told me to request they not send out our XRAY for a second opinion. I am glad I will never walk into there office again Thank you so much for terminating our relationship this only validated how we have felt about Villiage Medical for the past 3 Years. Everyone reading this should pray that this clinic will be heal from all of its bitterness towards it patients.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Dr. Walker is more "patient" with his patients than most doctors I have seen - he listens and doesn't make you feel rushed. He seems to be thinking about the big picture of your problems, and considers context. He is soft-spoken. This is in contrast to some of the other doctors in his practice who are always in a hurry. Dr. Walker is friendly, seems intelligent, and his advice for me has always been good, over several years. Since this is primary care, not surgery, I want someone who takes the time to listen and think, because the time I'm in front of him is the whole relationship. The office generally runs on time. When I mentioned Dr. Walker's name to one of my specialists, the specialist said unprompted that he thinks Dr. Walker is one of the best primary care doctors in the area. I originally switched to Dr. Walker from another primary care doctor who I saw for years but who gradually seemed to become uninterested in his patients. You won't have that problem with Dr. Walker.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Very uninterested and timid doctor. Always overbooked and rushes you through appointments. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Very disturbing how Dr. Walker after being a patient for 10 years treats you like you don't matter.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

I'm sorry, I've gotta disagree with the previous comments. First, Dr. Walker prescribed me a Lotrel that made my blood pressure skyrocket to 168/107; repeated readings were similar. Secondly, he wrote a script for generic Zoloft which brought on mania. My family rushed me to the ER for treatment. I do not recommend this physician to anyone. I wish him the best, but he needs to be more careful on diagnosis and treatment.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Courteous and compassionate describe Dr. Walker. Unlike most physicians who just nod their heads while staring at the wall behind you, and then rustle you out their offices like cattle, Dr. Walker listens to you and genuinely empathizes.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

Takes time with patients. Thorough and interested in your health. A very good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

[I have insurance, it is not listed on website] Dr. Walker is very knowlegeable, particularly about medications, soft-spoken and courteous, gives advice like to exercise, but is never critical. He has never kept me waiting in two years of appointments. He e-faxes prescriptions to your pharmacy during your visit so they are ready to pick up, mails test results, and has early morning appointments for lab so you can still get to work on time. You can schedule appointments online, a real time saver. His staff is efficient and pleasant, and the nurse always returns phone calls promptly. Office is very clean. A+ rating for this physician.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Dr. John E. Walker's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1986)

AARP