Ratings for Dr. Kevin E. Wasco

Very poor surgeon/physician. Took no time whatsoever to listen to my concerns or address my concerns. Waited for over an hour to get in to see him and then rushed out like he had no time for me. Was the same way after surgery. Also, felt overall my surgery was not successful perhaps primarily due to a lack of understanding as to appropriate follow up after instructions on my part. He also did a poor job of explaining this rather delicate surgery outcome to my worried family members following surgery. Again, he evidently was rushed. May be a good idea for this surgeon to see less patients and spend more time with the ones he does see. I understand this translates to less $$$, but he is dealing with lives - not working on an assembly line in a factory. If he can exceed in assembly work I am sure there is some work available on an assembly line other than a hospital operating room!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Amazing Physician, superlative bedside manner. Took time to ensure I was comfortable with procedure. Compassionte and took time to answer all my questions with regards to my surgery.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I was referred to Dr Wasco by a primary care physician. My experience has been less than satisfactory. In fact, my experience has been less than one should be expected to tolerate. First and foremost, this Dr needs to learn, or needs to practice, listening to his patients. Perhaps a patient does not have the medical expertise that a physician has, but a patient does have a voice in their healthcare, and it is a voice that should be, at a minimum, acknowledged, by a treating physician. Dr Wasco does not answer questions during appointments. Dr Wasco does not return phone calls. He basically left a me "untreated". I have now switched to another surgeon, and I am progressing much better. I would never recommend this surgeon to anyone. I have informed my primary care physician of this most disappointing experience, and suggested that he give give patients a "choice" instead of quickly making a referral of his choice. Need I remind all these physicians, and the hospitals that employ them, that we (patients, patrons of your facility), are paying higher than ever health insurance for this service. In return, we expect average care at best!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. Wasco performed a Laproscopic Nissen Fundoplication on me 2 months ago and I am so relieved to be heartburn free!! After all the pre-tests were complete and I went in to review them with him; he was very informing and walked me through all the steps. I was scared as this was my first surgery and he made me feel very comfortable and confident. He was great the day of the surgery and the next day when he stopped in to see how I was doing. During my post visit he took his time to answer all of my questions. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. I would also like to give a kudos to Theda Clark staff, they made me feel very comfortable and were always right there to help me. My husband had the surgery 4 years ago and my mother had it last October, both by Dr. Wasco. Both of them have been heartburn free ever since!! Thank you Dr. Wasco!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Very poor! Talks too much and listens too little!. Is really into himself and not into his patients. In a recent article sent out in a magazine by ThedaCare it quotes Wasco as saying they differ as "they are here for the long haul". Let me assure you that is as long as you don't have any questions; as long as you don't have any after hour emergencies or as long as you don't inconvenience him in any way. He will be no where to be found if you have questions/concerns or are truly experencing a medical emergency. He is all "lip service" and nothing else. Move on, and look for a real professional. You owe it to yourself, don't you?

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Dr. Wasco performed 2 colonascapies on me and I found him to be extremeely kind, knowledgeble, caring and took the time out for my needs and concerns! If he does this, yes! I think he would be abit behind schule, maybe he just needs to make his times with his patients abit longer, depending on the situations.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Dr Wasco was prompt, courteous and very considerate of my concerns and questions. I would not hesitate to use him again in the future.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Our family doctor referred my wife to this physician last year for a colonoscopy. After a great length of time, Dr Wasco came out and spoke to me. He said he almost perforated the wall of my wife's colon and she would have to stay in recovery and that he was going to do another procedure in the afternoon. He was very short with me and took no time to answer questions. He said he has done this a thousand times and nothing like this ever happened. She made it through that procedure. Now our family Dr wants my wife to go back for another colocscopy. I told him we do not want Dr Wasco. He said there are other surgeons in the same practice that can do the procedure. He said we should request someone other than Dr Wasco, but said he can't guarantee that we won't get Dr Wasco. I told him I would throw myself over my wife's body if I thought Wasco was ever going to touch her again. Since when doesn't a patient have a right to refuse to be treated by a Dr they have no confidence in

flag | Submitted September 6, 2008

Dr Wasco performed a Thyroidectomy on me 5/8/2000 he did an excellant job. He was very professional and actually caught a mistake from the lab of St. Elizabeths Hospital and saved me from getting the wrong side of my thyroid out because of suspicious cells. I cant even see my scar anymore.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2008

This physician has failed, beyond all comprehension, to diagnose and intervene surgically in a serious medical condition that is well within his alleged area of "expertise". He knew what had to be done to correct my condition; he explained it in great detail in January of 2007, but kept putting it off. In August and September of 2007 when my family really began to pressure him to take care of this problem (he had the most knowledge as to what to do, as I had previously had an unsuccessful bariatric surgery performed by him, so my places to go for treatment were quite limited) he referred me to a facility 96 miles away from my home and actually medically abondonned me. I have since found that he damaged my vagus nerve in previous surgeries, which he was well aware of, he has falsified my medical records and when my husband told him that I was seriousle considering filing a complaint against him, he replied "if she ever does that I''ll fix it so that no other physician

flag | Submitted January 27, 2008

Dr. Kevin E. Wasco's Credentials

• Univ Of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 53706 (Grad. 1994)

MSP/BC Med