Ratings for Dr. Neil H. Alperin

My first rheumatologist during the initial onset of RA gave up trying to help me and told me to go somewhere else. Every new patient appointment I made was like 3 months out and lines waiting for cancellations. I could barely walk some days I was abandoned by the doc who was supposed to care and not leave a person that way. I got in quickly to see Dr. Alperin because I called back for any cancellation and there was one on the spot. He did take bloodwork and xrays thoroughly. He did check all my joints visually and manually. He took a history. Well, after going back again he did not repeat the same things he said initial visit. Ok, give um a break, we all change our words after we get more information and then think. I'd rather have a doctor who can help me rather than to abandon me- I'd rather be the one to walk away! No one has the mastery over auto immune diseases so I'm just thankful he's a smart and professional person. My previous docs staff was disrespectful and plain mean. Alperin's staff is normal and professional to my liking. I put up with a lot of b.s. before. The reason is because RA is the biggest b.s. I know and I just don't care who or what is right. I just want to be stable. And I will hold on to a doc I believe can get me there however many times I need to get there. So, Dr. Al is cool. Maybe he's not easy to converse with, yes, however that's not going to change my progression, but the meds are.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

I've been a medical mystery for 20 yrs and despite some bad reviews, I saw him. I couldn't get a word in on 1st visit and not ONE thing answered but he made sure I did TONS of labs and 5 Xrays! I talked w the tech about him- she says he WILL figure out whats going on, just dry personality. I sucked it up and went today for F.U. (I also called to make sure my son was ok there, otherwise i'd have to reschedule) They said it's fine. Well he was so rude and just tells me I have everything I told HIM i had in the 1st visit!! Then says he can't concentrate or talk to me w my son acting like that!! he was actually being good playing w his cars on the floor! He says "maybe u can hold him, or have someone take him outside" like a dog! I just walked out of my apt-threw my papers at front desk and said shred it, i'm never coming back! I don't care how smart he is- still an arrogant SOB I will NEVER suggest to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

I love Dr. Alperin. He is one of the best doctors I have ever been to and I have been to a lot. He ALWAYS has called me back or one of his kind nurses. They are a very friendly and cooperative practice. When you need forms filled out, there is never a problem and Dr. Alperin will do it many times right on the spot. I have spoken directly with him over the phone. I highly recommend him not only for him, but because of the promptness of appointments. I have been going to him since 2005 and I have never waited longer than 2 minutes in the waiting room. Make sure you are on time or even earlier.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

This doctor is extremely frustrating. He doesn't answer questions; he doesn't explain test results. There are so many things I could write here ...

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Alperin for many years. He is always right on top of things and straight to the point and handles things appropriately.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

No bed side manners - very arrogant. Will not talk to you on phone.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

The first time I met Dr. Alperin, I was sent by a podiatrist who I did not like or trust. The podiatrist had told me he could not help me any further, to see a back surgeon or a Rheumatilogist. I saw Dr. Alperin because my friend had seen him in the past and I thought we'd be a good fit. He saw me the first time and did some testing. I came in for the follow-up and he proposed a plan of treatment. He was concerned and reassuring. He gave me hope that I would get past the pain I had. When I asked how long I would be seeing him, his answer was, "until you aren't having any pain." I almost cried. I have now been working with him for several years. As others noted, he is thorough and tenacious in his search for answers. This does not mean that he jumps into a diagnosis to placate a patient. He puts me straight when I start trying to make more out of my problems than they warrant. And his office runs ON TIME, so don't be late! You have never seen an office run so well.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2008

good doc he is the one that found my mothers cancer even though he was not looking for it.if something is not just right he keeps looking to fing out why.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2007

Dr. Alperin finally found my auto immune disease after years of searching. He refuses to not have answers and looks into everything. Really great doctor and very knowledgable!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007

Dr. Neil H. Alperin's Credentials

• American Univ Of The Caribbean, Sch Of Med, Plymouth, Montserrat (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Warren, MI