Ratings for Dr. Gary Klaud Miller

Following a trimalleor fracture PE 4 with a ruptured deltoid ligament for which he put me in a cast from my toes to my hips for an extended period of time and for which surgery was probably indicated but not done I suffered a year with my peroneal tendon frozen in the channel because he wouldn't listen when I told him something was wrong. After the year he did a peroneal tendon release. By that time the ankle was shot. I think he didn't do surgery because he originally told me I had a simple fibula fracture. He only took my short cast off to prove to me that there was nothing else wrong when I insisted my ankle collapsed every time I put any pressure on it. I turned out I was right and he put on the long cast. I am convinced that had he made the right diagnosis at first he would have operated. It's now 14 years later and I have been through regular and UCBL orthotics and a Ritchie brace and have suffered with chronic tendonitis and knee, back hip and spinal problems due to the severe inward turning of my ankle. I now have an appointment to see someone else to be evaluated for an ankle fusion. I think his clinical skills are good but he's too arrogant to really listen to and really consider what patients tell him causing him to misdiagnose and therefore provide improper treatment.

Submitted September 25, 2014

I have been pleased with my visits regarding my knee and have recommended friends and family in the past with no complaints. As a patient of 8 years, there are no complaints here except occasional long wait times. He calls elderly patient's "kiddo" and I have been called a "faker", but it is always followed with a laugh and smile. For all the previous reviews that state his jokes are inappropriate, it really depends on your sense of humor. The doctor's sense of humor is on point with my own - occasionally it will be a political joke, but it is never a personal attack. He has told a few jokes multiple times, but it is in good intention to leave you amused at the end of your visit! But after all he's a doctor, not a comedian. He spends time to explain, has a helpful nurse, and it is nice to see the same staff over the years. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I had arthroscopic surgery done on my hip. He called me "faker" repeatedly even though he admitted that he found a lot unexpected cartilage damage and inflammation in my joint during the procedure. I don't know if he was kidding or being serious, but I've never been called names by a doctor. Yelled, stormed off, and told me to suck it up when I asked him to fill out FMLA paperwork so I could have a family member fly in to help me through my surgery and post-op. No driving and walking on crutches for at least 3 weeks but somehow I was just being a baby. I would have had no one at my surgery if it weren't for my younger sister taking off sick days and flying in at the last minute.

Submitted May 18, 2013

i waited 1:15 min to see him and he was obviously rushing so much to get to the next patient and flew thru diagnosis and explanations without stopping to take my questions or concerns into consideration

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Dr. Miller is completely unprofessional. He misdiagnosed me (and cussed profanities) using a procedure that is not recognized as an accurate diagnostic procedure by insurance companies and even allowed non-medical staff to view the procedure. His office staff failed to verify my insurance benefits prior to the procedure even though they claimed they had. Since this horrid experience I have been properly diagnosed and received treatment from a knowledgable doctor. I would not recommend Dr. Miller.

Submitted November 27, 2010

knowledgable and prompt but ended my visit with two very inappropraite jokes, one VERY ****, the other VERY ****, will not return.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Takes time with the patient and actually listens to the concerns or problems one is experiencing

flag | Submitted January 28, 2006

Excellent doc. Very thorough and business-like in his examination. Listens to the patient with great attention. Explains the options in a no-nonsense yet pleasant and reasonably detailed way. Ends every visit by asking if there is any other thing he can do for you. Provides very helpful lay-language info sheets on the basic joint problems, exercises , and therapy. Second, the staff work together, and the office operation hums like a well oiled machine. Miller always comes in with an assistant, and speaks aloud his thoughts and observations during the examination. When you leave, the check out person has the paperwork ready, along with info sheets, and Rx info. No wasted time.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2005

Dr. Gary Klaud Miller's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1974)

AHC