Ratings for Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz

I was referred to Dr. Hurwitz back in 2014. I was a little hesitant at first traveling close to three hours away to his office in Pittsburgh and almost made an appointment with a different surgeon closer to me. I have never met another doctor who has as much compassion and takes the time to explain everything and what to expect. I lost close to 300 pounds and had extra skin everywhere. I had rashes and had accomplished so much but still felt like I had failed because of this extra skin. He changed all of that in December of 2014 and my follow up surgery in the beginning of 2015. I was finally free of the extra skin and have been rash free and enjoying life like I should. I have done so many things I never thought I would of been able to accomplish. He really was a life saver and I really appreciate the care he and his whole staff showed to me during my surgeries. I would of traveled any distance to of been under the care of Dr. Hurwitz! Thank You

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Once again, I am extremely pleased with the treatment I have elected to receive. The staff is always caring and accommodating and Dr. Hurwitz is phenomenal. I only wish I would have done this sooner. Thanks for making a dream come true.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Dr. Hurwitz is one of a kind. I keep returning because I have faith in his fine work and highly respect him. He is professional, patient and thorough. His staff is exemplary as well. Feel very safe with the entire office and would recommend him to anyone. And, I have!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Very happy with FaceTite with fat transfer / Lipoaugmentation / InMode. Took at least 10 years off without surgery, scarring and no down time! Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Based on his profile in the Pennsylvania Magazine as the 'Best' Plastic Surgeon in Pittsburgh I had a facelift ... I must have been an experiment because I saw some nice work done on others. When I asked a few women in the office they told me he did them right in his office. I on the other hand was told it was necessary to go into the hospital. Guess what? He's a teaching Doctor. Hmmm... I'm not even - this is my face! Further, I was scheduled to have injectable filler around my eyes...suddenly he wasn't available and they told me his trained 'assistant' was talented. I now have bags under my eyes! Stay away !

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Hurwitz is everything you hope for in a cosmetic surgeon. He is a gifted artist. There's no BS with him; he's very straightforward and will tell you what he can and cannot do. I had a face lift three years ago from another doctor and it didn't last. Dr. Hurwitz redid mine and I love it! Dr. Hurwitz' has his own operating room set up in his office; I didn't have to go into the hospital and didn't need a chest x-ray or heart test beforehand since I didn't go under general anesthesia. Two Lorazepan did the trick. The price was perfect - $6,000. He and his staff are very kind and caring. My face and neck look fabulous with a speedy recovery. I would recommend him highly to anyone looking for a a talented, caring cosmetic surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Hurwitz completed breast augmentation and lift. The end result was large sagging breasts. I had enormous painful scars on my breast that I am now being treated by another doctor for. Dr. Hurwitz did not attempt to resolve the issue. Told me that the results are due to what he had to work with. It should be noted I am a healthy slim fit female with no health problems. My current dr couldn't understand why my breasts were so very low and the scars. As of now with the help of current dr I have properly positioned breasts with no scarring. Was a very negative experience with dr hurwitz other than the kind office staff.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Had awesome results from my breast agumentation done by dr hurwitz!! Ive had several other doctors compliment his work. Almost zero scarring and I LOVE how I feel now

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Worst plastic surgeon ever!! I was warned not to go to him by another dr. I didn't listed. He totally ruined my life!, he should not be a Dr. And doesn't deserve the title. He absolutely no respect for him and I feel sorry for anyone who is naive enough to go to him!!!?

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1970)