Ratings for Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz

I was very nervous for the appointment and Dr Hurwitz made me feel comfortable and the staff. Was pleased with what recommendations he gave me and am highly thinking of having it done, talking it over with husband and will get back to you soon. I will recommend him to others for sure.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Really awful facelift results. All marketing about how great he is. Does not even operate in hospital with proper anesthesia. Asked for no med info or background-should have been a red light! I used to be pretty, but I now feel hideous.I have scarring so bad that people often ask if I was in an accident...that's rude of them, but it is that bad. Oh, and I found out a teaching student did one side of my face, while he modeled techniques on my outer side. I was not told, but found out from a former employee. Wow. And I paid top dollar to be mauled.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz

Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz's response
We are unable to identify any patient of record from the vague comments left. However, there are a few points that have been that are untrue and damaging. First and foremost, our patient's safety is our number one concern and we would never operate on anyone in a less than state of the art facility. The Hurwitz Center operating room has been repeatedly certified by the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical facilities (AAAASF) for 10 years Aside from the legality, the danger that could be presented in a noncontrolled, potentially unsterile environment is immense. Beyond that, all of our staff is highly trained and at no point would a student in residency be allowed to perform surgery without 100% supervision and patient consent. Additionally, we require a consultation before any procedure is done. The consultation allows Dr. Hurwitz the chance to discuss the procedure and any concerns regarding medical history that could preclude a patient from being a good candidate. Patients of record are made aware that at anytime they are left feeling dissatisfied with their results our door is always open. However, if patients do not reach out we are unable to provide the appropriate aid. To that end, we would welcome the chance to discuss the concerns voiced. Please do not hesitate to reach out at the earliest convenience. In the meantime, best wishes.

Submitted December 1, 2017

Had prior abdominoplasty and liposuction years ago that was unsuccessful. Even though I had lost 50 lbs., I still was uncomfortable taking my shirt off and thought I will live this way forever even though I worked out regularly. After a complete body lift and BodyTite by Dr. Hurwitz, I have had results I always dreamed of. Now I have the confidence to take my shirt off and am hitting the gym even harder. I could not be happier with the procedure and treatment by Dr. Hurwitz and staff.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Hurwitz back in 2014. I was a little hesitant at first traveling close to three hours away to his office in Pittsburgh and almost made an appointment with a different surgeon closer to me. I have never met another doctor who has as much compassion and takes the time to explain everything and what to expect. I lost close to 300 pounds and had extra skin everywhere. I had rashes and had accomplished so much but still felt like I had failed because of this extra skin. He changed all of that in December of 2014 and my follow up surgery in the beginning of 2015. I was finally free of the extra skin and have been rash free and enjoying life like I should. I have done so many things I never thought I would of been able to accomplish. He really was a life saver and I really appreciate the care he and his whole staff showed to me during my surgeries. I would of traveled any distance to of been under the care of Dr. Hurwitz! Thank You

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Once again, I am extremely pleased with the treatment I have elected to receive. The staff is always caring and accommodating and Dr. Hurwitz is phenomenal. I only wish I would have done this sooner. Thanks for making a dream come true.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Dr. Hurwitz is one of a kind. I keep returning because I have faith in his fine work and highly respect him. He is professional, patient and thorough. His staff is exemplary as well. Feel very safe with the entire office and would recommend him to anyone. And, I have!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Very happy with FaceTite with fat transfer / Lipoaugmentation / InMode. Took at least 10 years off without surgery, scarring and no down time! Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Based on his profile in the Pennsylvania Magazine as the 'Best' Plastic Surgeon in Pittsburgh I had a facelift ... I must have been an experiment because I saw some nice work done on others. When I asked a few women in the office they told me he did them right in his office. I on the other hand was told it was necessary to go into the hospital. Guess what? He's a teaching Doctor. Hmmm... I'm not even - this is my face! Further, I was scheduled to have injectable filler around my eyes...suddenly he wasn't available and they told me his trained 'assistant' was talented. I now have bags under my eyes! Stay away !

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Hurwitz is everything you hope for in a cosmetic surgeon. He is a gifted artist. There's no BS with him; he's very straightforward and will tell you what he can and cannot do. I had a face lift three years ago from another doctor and it didn't last. Dr. Hurwitz redid mine and I love it! Dr. Hurwitz' has his own operating room set up in his office; I didn't have to go into the hospital and didn't need a chest x-ray or heart test beforehand since I didn't go under general anesthesia. Two Lorazepan did the trick. The price was perfect - $6,000. He and his staff are very kind and caring. My face and neck look fabulous with a speedy recovery. I would recommend him highly to anyone looking for a a talented, caring cosmetic surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1970)