Ratings for Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz

I was only in for a consultation. I had an excellent experience. I will consider the recommendations and may return for the spa services before moving ahead with any surgical procedures at this time! Thank you for giving me hope that my desired improvements are attainable.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr. Hurwitz is a superior surgeon. There are none better at body contouring in the world, and I am not exaggerating. I have had three surgeries with Dr. Hurwitz covering my entire body due to a 135 weight loss. Most recently, Dr. Hurtwitz performed an oblique flankplasty on me to shore up my skin, which is very lax, on my thighs, buttocks, and lower back. In doing this procedure, he also created a waist for me. The results are simply amazing! I would recommend Dr Hurwitz and his staff (Amanda, Linda, Patty, and Sarah) to anyone wishing to improve their body. This fine group treats you like family. I have traveled from Virginia to Pittsburgh three times, and I would do so again, if necessary.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

His lovely wife was so kind to help me get to the office after I got lost. I was still able to see the doctor after I was late. The staff was kind, organized and professional. I was impressed with the informative consultation and look forward to my surgical procedures and the improvement this will make to my life.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

First off, I would like to compliment the wonderful staff. They were incredibly kind and hospitable. The facility was very clean, and I enjoyed the complimentary coffee. Dr. Hurwitz was patient, knowledgeable, and a great listener. He broke down the complex medical procedure in a way that was easy to understand, and walked me through the entire process. I couldn’t be happier with the results. I always mention his name and location when recommending a Plastic Surgeon to family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

I met with Dr Hurwitz for a consultation. He was extremely helpful and very easy to talk to. He was very knowledgeable and I hope to be working with him in the near future.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I was very nervous for the appointment and Dr Hurwitz made me feel comfortable and the staff. Was pleased with what recommendations he gave me and am highly thinking of having it done, talking it over with husband and will get back to you soon. I will recommend him to others for sure.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Really awful facelift results. All marketing about how great he is. Does not even operate in hospital with proper anesthesia. Asked for no med info or background-should have been a red light! I used to be pretty, but I now feel hideous.I have scarring so bad that people often ask if I was in an accident...that's rude of them, but it is that bad. Oh, and I found out a teaching student did one side of my face, while he modeled techniques on my outer side. I was not told, but found out from a former employee. Wow. And I paid top dollar to be mauled.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz

Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz's response
We are unable to identify any patient of record from the vague comments left. However, there are a few points that have been that are untrue and damaging. First and foremost, our patient's safety is our number one concern and we would never operate on anyone in a less than state of the art facility. The Hurwitz Center operating room has been repeatedly certified by the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical facilities (AAAASF) for 10 years Aside from the legality, the danger that could be presented in a noncontrolled, potentially unsterile environment is immense. Beyond that, all of our staff is highly trained and at no point would a student in residency be allowed to perform surgery without 100% supervision and patient consent. Additionally, we require a consultation before any procedure is done. The consultation allows Dr. Hurwitz the chance to discuss the procedure and any concerns regarding medical history that could preclude a patient from being a good candidate. Patients of record are made aware that at anytime they are left feeling dissatisfied with their results our door is always open. However, if patients do not reach out we are unable to provide the appropriate aid. To that end, we would welcome the chance to discuss the concerns voiced. Please do not hesitate to reach out at the earliest convenience. In the meantime, best wishes.

Submitted December 1, 2017

Had prior abdominoplasty and liposuction years ago that was unsuccessful. Even though I had lost 50 lbs., I still was uncomfortable taking my shirt off and thought I will live this way forever even though I worked out regularly. After a complete body lift and BodyTite by Dr. Hurwitz, I have had results I always dreamed of. Now I have the confidence to take my shirt off and am hitting the gym even harder. I could not be happier with the procedure and treatment by Dr. Hurwitz and staff.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Hurwitz back in 2014. I was a little hesitant at first traveling close to three hours away to his office in Pittsburgh and almost made an appointment with a different surgeon closer to me. I have never met another doctor who has as much compassion and takes the time to explain everything and what to expect. I lost close to 300 pounds and had extra skin everywhere. I had rashes and had accomplished so much but still felt like I had failed because of this extra skin. He changed all of that in December of 2014 and my follow up surgery in the beginning of 2015. I was finally free of the extra skin and have been rash free and enjoying life like I should. I have done so many things I never thought I would of been able to accomplish. He really was a life saver and I really appreciate the care he and his whole staff showed to me during my surgeries. I would of traveled any distance to of been under the care of Dr. Hurwitz! Thank You

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Once again, I am extremely pleased with the treatment I have elected to receive. The staff is always caring and accommodating and Dr. Hurwitz is phenomenal. I only wish I would have done this sooner. Thanks for making a dream come true.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1970)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal