Ratings for Dr. Catherine C. Larned

I have had full cooperation with Dr. Larned and happy with her as a doctor. She is nice to me and returns my calls when needed.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Cold, hitler'ish', and interrogated me and never asked what I was feeling or what I thought I needed. Here ya go, take this, have a good day. Oh, the staff - lol. Rude, uncaring.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

The office was on a beautiful piece of property, but once I stepped inside it was dark, gloomy, dirty, and very outdated. She saw 4 patients before me in 45 minutes, I could hear a lot of their conversation before she turned on some air purifier. She called me in, interrogated me for 37 minutes finishing with "your an alcoholic never drink again, also bipolar I will start you on lithium." She never asked me if I had questions and the whole time her dog was out back tied up barking. She was cold and flat. I fled the office and hope to warn anyone wanting help for their mental health illness, DO NOT GO SEE HER!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

I would stay away from this office due to the lack of professionalism and patient responsibility on the part of the staff. They have lost my records (both faxed and emailed)TWICE and DO NOT HONOR THEIR appointment schedules. Even though you booked an appointment over a month and a half in advance does not ensure that they have kept the slot. You have to call in a week before the appointment to see if your slot still stands and if not, you have to wait another 5 weeks for an appointment. Staff becomes surly when confronted, even in a kind manner,regarding these issues.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

She hardly spent any time listening to our problems. Much more interested in collecting her fees for writing out prescriptions. And if you ever miss an appointment be prepared to pay $175, plus a collection fee if you don't pay it right away! It's very hard to get copies of records as well when you want to go to someone else. Beware!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

this Dr. has put me on 10 different pill then took me off one at a time wiht out any warning wand not tapering them off.She Just stoped them. She spends more time telling about her problems and never asks how i am doing . If i am not doing well she just says < oh , well if you would eat right and drink soy milk you would not have this problem. She spends less then 2 minutes with the patient, just long enough t write a script. She often writes the wrong scripts. Ones i don't even take any more. She has never sent me a bill and would not give me a record of my yearly payments to keep up wiht my taxes.worst Dr i have ever been to!!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

Dr. Larned's treatment consisted solely of dispensing medications during very short appointments (not more that 5-8 minutes. This is not the direction in which psychiatry should be headed in the 21st century. Perhaps, more mental health professionals will be less intent to dispense dangerous psychotropic medications, but instead start examining alternative treatment methods for mental health, such as acupuncture and meditation.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

She just opened a new office and it is a mess. She has no staff. It has taken over a year to file my insurence with medicare becasuse she does this work herself(no staff) She has changed my medical diagnosis 3 times and changed my meds at least 10 times until something started to work. She is not friendly and does not care for small talk. She does not listen either, I've repeated myself many times. I would not recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

Terribly unprofessional. Office is in some sort of art gallery. She was more concerned with my daughters acne than her serious problem. Offered no help or referral and I feel that it was all a big waste of time

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008

Doctor was not helpful at all. Would rather stuff pills down your throat than listen to you. I haven't spent more than a total of b40 minutes in her officer since my first visit. That was 5 visits ago.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2006

Dr. Catherine C. Larned's Credentials

• Univ Of Ma Med Sch, Worcester Ma 01655 (Grad. 1981)