Ratings for Dr. George S. Leventon

First visit was scheduled for 2 hours for $400 for my 16-year old daughter. The appt. lasted for more than 3 hrs talking about his travels and his education, and was drawing a very DETAILED family tree even including my husband's first wife. He only spent 10 minutes on my daughter. At the end he diagnosed her with OCD (as he did the entire family) and told us to come back for about 2 more appointment for $200/each before he can give us a more detailed diagnosis. He was judgmental and bias against LGBTQ people and gave unsolicited advice on unrelated topics. He had no questions about her anxiety or diagnostic questions to e.g. rule out bipolar or any other disorder. He was a complete nonsense.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Initially, I visited Dr. Leventon for a second opinion: another psychiatrist planned to put me on multiple sets of pills for relatively mild symptoms after a mere 5-minute visit. In my first visit to Dr. Leventon, he took over an hour to make sure he had the full picture, and worked flexibly with my wife and I to establish a regimen of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) with some medications to help acutely as needed. Furthermore, he took the time to educate us on the basis of our mental health conditions and equipped us with recommendations of safe, effective lifestyle changes around diet and exercise and routine to help us better cope with our situation. After spending so long with us in the first visit to make sure he could make an accurate diagnosis, we were both much more confident and trusting of his advice. As an academic professional in physiology, I can affirm that his knowledge is as up-to-date as any clinician I've ever met. We strongly recommend Dr. Leventon for anyone who has struggled to find a psychiatrist they felt they could trust.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Dr George Leventon is are great doctor and a great man. He is a doctor that cares about his patients and doesn't see them as paychecks. He truly has a passion for medicine and that is hard to find doctors like that now. I believe a lot of doctors now days could learn from him. He is one of the elites, he can get you on the right path to live a long and healthy mental life.

Submitted October 12, 2015

Awesome Dr...Truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

I didn't actually see him as a patient but my family has gone for years. The woman above is right about who pays him. One 'patient' in my family has been seeing him for more than 16 years with no real effect and at one point he had the patient on more than 13 medications, a couple that cancelled each other out. This patients problems were a direct effect of the other patient in my family's mental abuse but the abuser was paying, so - meds for the victim. The family loves him though! But really, after 4 or 5 years he should have let them try another therapist. He holds on like glue - no - cement.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

Be very careful with this guy. He will testify against you in court. He cannot keep a confidence and talked about what we said in private with my ex husband. Then I would get a beating from my ex after he went to see Dr. Leventon. He was the only person I told my deepest feelings to and told him the entire truth and he testified against me in court. I will never be able to trust a therapist again after his actions.I stopped going to him when I complained about his lack of confidentiality but my ex still went to see him and Dr. Leventon actually testified against me and said he thought I was lying when I absolutely always told the truth. I have no reason to lie about this. His testimony did not hurt me in court because the judge did not believe him because he was still my ex husbands therapist and my ex paid him to come and testify against me. He is absolutely all about who is paying him.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Dr. Leventon is a good man and has been my doctor for years. He is very intelligent and up-to-date on all the latest meds. His patients are not just a pay check, he honstly care about the well being and treatment of his patients

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

flag | Submitted December 15, 2005

Dr. George S. Leventon's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1987)

Harvard-Pilgrim