Ratings for Dr. Rafael J. Vargas

Dr. Vargas has been our family doctor for more than 20 years. When my 5 children went away to college, they would travel home to see only him. Cannot sat enough about how caring he is.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

I've been going to MacEntee, Knox, and Vargas for a few years now. I started off seeing Vargas, just because he was the first available. About two years ago he misdiagnosed me and I ended up getting a 104 degree fever. I called the office and was told he would call me back before the end of the day. No call ever came. I called right at the time they close and got Dr. Knox, who offered to see me asap. He gave me a different medicine and I felt better almost immediately. Since then I've stuck to Knox and mostly MacEntee. Nothing bad to say. The other day I went in for cold symptoms and was told it was a throat infection, he gave me Z pack. Didn't feel any better at all so went back. Basically just said I didn't give it enough time. Finally went for a second opinion, got different medication, and feel better almost immediately. I will never settle for Vargas again. He's nice, but clearly does not take the time to really assess and care for his patients, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011