Ratings for Dr. John M. Duke

I had a less than savory experience with this doctor. Even though he is retired I still want to share my experience. I felt he was a very cold and unfriendly doctor and person, in general. When I would ask him questions about my papsmear reading he laughed it off like I should KNOW what he is talking about. He had very little time to help you understand your diagnosis and didn't care whether you did or not. He is also a pro-life doctor so he won't administer any IUDs, etc. That is off-putting, too. He has little to no bed-side manner. He probably should have retired 20 years ago. Worst doctor I'd ever been to.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Ughh... Dr Duke if you ever see this :-) I miss you Dr Sholz is a great Dr I feel like you left me in great hands however, I would take you back with no hesitation! You were an snagging Dr!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Duke. Always thorough. Very knowledgeable & personable. Sad to see him go but very deserving. Congratulations on your retirement Dr. Duke. I'll miss you as my Dr.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

I've had Dr. Duke for two pregnancies. He's quick and gentle and polite. He is a matter-of-fact kind of doctor and doesn't really bring emotions to the table. He's experienced and careful. I would recommend him to anybody who's looking for a safe and healthy delivery. I wouldn't recommend him to somebody who's looking for a shoulder to cry on. He's a doctor, not a girlfriend. Frankly, that's the way I like it, but others might see him as "insensitive." I prefer to call him "professional."

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

He was a wonderful doctor. I never had to wait very long, maybe ten minutes at the most, in the waiting room or the exam room. He made sure my questions were always answered before we were finished. I did not feel like I had to worry about my pregnancy at all. He took great care of me and my baby.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Excellent doctor. Friendly staff. He makes a beautiful scar! Great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007

his nurse was very nice, along with him being knowledgeable and concerned about me.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

This man was very insensitive and overall a horrible doctor and very unhelpfull

flag | Submitted December 14, 2005

Dr. John M. Duke's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)