Ratings for Dr. Chitra Gopalaswamy

Dr. Gopa is a wonderful doctor I have been going to for fourteen years. Yes, You may have to wait but that's because she is so patient and takes so much time to answer any concerns. Her staff is one person managing a busy office, but always tries to fit me in when I am sick and has been very helpful to me. Consider yourself lucky to be in her care because she really listens to her patients.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

I do agree with everyone that the wait time for Dr Gopa is epic, however, that's the only downside. The reason for the wait time is that she takes her time with patients. I've been with Dr Gopa's for nearly 10 yrs (my husband is also a patient) and I feel completely confident that I'm getting top care. Dr Gopa always takes her time with me; I'm never rushed and she addresses all my concerns. I've never been to the ER thankfully, so I can't comment on that aspect. As for her staff, I think they are great. As for the receptionist, she is one person taking care of a very busy office, but she's never been rude or short with me. Many times, I've witnessed patients taking their frustrations out on her, and well, if someone was that nasty to me I'd be nasty back. As mom always said, treat people with respect and they'll treat you with respect.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

The receptionist that works for Dr. Gopa is truly a street person. She acts like she is doing you a favor, by giving you an appointment. Shes rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

The front desk is nesty,rude, each ansfer is like they are doing you a big favor. Waiting time in the office 1-2 hours

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I like that she takes time to talk to you when you are in the appointment. Sometimes the wait is long and sometimes it is difficult to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Reading through the previous ratings make me wonder, "Are you really writing about the Dr. Gopa I have known and been a patient of for 20 years?" Early on in my association with Dr. Gopa< I was rushed to the ER on several occasions, at all hours of the night and early morning. She always responded within minutes of my being there to tell the residents exactly how to treat me and hasten my recovery. Although I no longer need to utilize the ER as I did in the past, whenever I call, she gets back to me within an hour. If she is running late in the office,(sometimes it does happen!), her staff has always informed me as to the reason why (remember - it could be you someday in the ER!). Even after 20 years as her patient, Dr. Gopa spends 30 to 60 minutes with me during my office visits, carefully going over blood work, medications and EKG results. She is an extraordinarily kind and patient person and an extremely thorough doctor. She is truly a credit to her profession.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

I have known Dr. Gopa for over 25 years and she has always taken and returned my phone calls, always has been knowledgeable about my health problems, and always comes to the ED when needed. If she does not know the answer she wil consult with an expert in the related field. Yes there are times that you have to wait about 30-60 minutes for an appoinmemtn but that is because she spends about 30 minutes with you when you get into the exam room. She takes her time with each patient, has innoculations when you need them, and will set up for blood draws in the haome as needed. She is caring and careful and for that I will wait.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Front desk is impossible. I had severe back pain & the brilliant secretary told me I had to see an orthopedist (I am a health care provider & knew I had a kidney problem). To Dr. Gopa's credit, when I had chest pain she took her time and did a very thorough work up. That said, I am done with her.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Dr.Gopa has always been there for me and my family be in the ER or on the phone. Yes, there are times you have to wait but that is everywhere you go. I would rather her take her time with me and other patients than dismiss us. I have been a patient of hers for many years and will continue.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Gopa is always caring and extremely knowledgeable. I feel very comfortable and safe in her care. I have been to the ER numerous times and she has always met me there. Her staff is accomodating and helpful. My phone calls are always returned. What more can you ask for?

flag | Submitted October 11, 2009

Dr. Chitra Gopalaswamy's Credentials

• Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India (Grad. 1971)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal