Ratings for Dr. Zeno N. Chicarilli

DR. CHICARELLI IS Terrible AT NOSES... he totally gave me a upturned clown nose. I have seen reviews of others saying he did the SAME thing to them...somebody should stop this guy from breaking people's noses. It was a minor bump and he flattened it out ...there is NO BRIDGE LEFT!!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Chicarilli since 1999 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Over the years, and many, many surgeries later, I can say from experience that Dr. Chicarilli is a highly skilled plastic surgeon who really cares about his work and his patients. I have read some of the other ratings here and its upsetting how quickly people will say negative things about a great surgeon because he didn't smile at them when he came into the room, or his surgical plan might have changed in midstream or they felt rushed out of the office. I know how hectic my life is and there are times I am preoccupied and not the happy cheerful person I want to be...how much more so does this pertain to a surgeon's schedule who cannot predict when emergencies will change his days schedule or when a patient must be seen asap. Communicating your concerns to the doctor is an important step to overcome these misunderstandings. Let's face it surgery is frightening and we all want to know its going to turn out well. Even more reason to choose a plastic surgeon with a skill level as high as Dr. Chicarilli's. I have recommended Dr Chicarilli to many over the years, and they were all thrilled to have placed their trust in him. The bottom line is I feel safe knowing that Dr Chicharilli is caring for me, when I am awake in his office or under general anesthesia in his OR. The priority in choosing the right plastic surgeon should be his skill level first and foremost, because everything else with communication may be overcome. With all the surgeries I have had, my body should look like Frankenstein...but I don't. Thanks to the surgical talent of one very special doctor....Dr. Zeno Chicarilli.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr Chicarili will be doing my Carpal Tunnel surgery in just a week. I was given an initial appointment within one week of calling and gets right to the point! No stringing along making you come back and back to get more office fees paid! He has done several procedures for me over the last 26 years and is an amazing Dr and person! I travel across the state to be his patient as I have moved 70 miles away. Just not worth trusting in another Dr until there is no choice but to do so--and then I will ask Dr Chicarilli who he would go to and that will be the Dr I choose.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Dr. C took care of me when I had a breast reduction he and they are amazing! He also took cafe of my son who was bit by our dog, you cannot see that he was bitten on his face. He is a miracle doc.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr Chicarilli is the best! He has been my doctor for 15 years. I had breast augmentation with him after a friend recommended him and he is fabulous! I found him caring and honest. The thing I like best is that you can trust him because he gives a honest consultation and tells the truth about what he can and can not do as well as what you as a patient should expect. He is not going to promise you miracles or try to push you into more procedures. I think that some of the negative reviews on here are because he is honest and won't tell you what you want to hear just to get you to write a check. He will tell you no if he does not think something is necessary or if he does not think you will get a good result. I respect that. Maybe some patients need more coddling. If you want an honest opinion then you want to see Dr Chicarilli. He explained what he could and could not do and why. If you want an honest opinion and impeccable work then you want Dr Chicarilli!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

A friend of mine recommended Dr. Chicarilli's office for ear reconstructive surgery. He and his friends had received the same procedure from this practice with good results, so I did little research on the doctor prior to my appointment. I did, however, call the office on three separate occasions to ensure that they understood the procedure I needed from him: EAR RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY ON TWO EAR LOBES. They quoted me a price that matched what my friend had paid. On the day of my appointment they expected me for torn earlobe repair on ONE ear. When I met with the doctor he saw my ears and told me immediately that I had deformed my ears, not simply torn them, and that it would be more than the quoted price (even though my friend had paid that very price for the same procedure). Needless to say, he made sure he sounded incredibly demeaning and asked if I needed any further explanation before he could kick me out of his office. GO HERE IF YOU LIKE RUDE DOCTORS & FEEL LIKE BEING RIDICULED

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

Had Breast Augmentation and several things went wrong. He does not take the time to listen, he rushes the appointment and mistakes are made. I went to several other Plastic Surgeons to verify his mastake and now I have to have another operation to correct his mistake. I have seen him several times about the error and what to do about it and each time he acted as though he did not care. He has awful bedside manners and was almost rude in the way he treated me. I have since talked to other women who have had the same experience with him. He also denied making a mistake even though I have proof of the mistake and told him that.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

Dr. Chicarilli took my face and former life away. He removed most of my nose instead of correcting a fairly minor injury. Dr. Peck in New Jersey had to reconstruct the middle of my face with cartilage from elsewhere. My breathing and even vision has remained very poor because of Dr. Chicarilli's removal of my nose structure. Dr. Chicarilli never admitted what he did (when I asked him for info so that I could try to reverse his mistakes) and "lost" all pictures he had taken of me before surgery. I do recommend Dr. Peck Sr., but he may not be practising anymore as he was getting older when he did the reconstructive surgery.

Submitted March 10, 2010

Dr. Chicarilli is by far one of the best, if not the best PS around. I have been seeing him for 4 years now, off and on and find him to be professional and caring. He was my PS after my mastectomy and his reconstruction is amazing! I have and continue to recommend Dr. Chicarilli to many people. He knows his 'stuff' and gets the job done. He is easy to talk to and listens. I adore him.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

IS SOMEWHAT RUDE, DOES NOT HAVE VERY GOOD BEDSIDE MANNER

flag | Submitted February 8, 2008

Dr. Zeno N. Chicarilli's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Haven, CT