Ratings for Dr. Ira M. Turner

Dr. Turner changed my life. My migraine headaches went undiagnosed for close to 5 years. After a single visit to Dr. Turner, things started to turn around. After ruling out other potential causes, he began treating my migraines. What a difference! I now receive preventative Botox, and I really feel like I have my life back. I appreciate his knowledge, skill, and ability to recognize a non-text book migraine disorder that many other specialists missed. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

The staff was abrupt and rude. Dr Turner was totally unfamiliar with my case and was condescending and super all about himself. His PA was very kind and responsive.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Do not use this dr or anyone else from this practice. Dr Turner is very sarcastic and does not care about his patients. He never looked back at previous tests that were taken in his office by another doctor. His answer to my problem was simply " it is age related try accupuncture". He did not try to find a solution. Went to another neurologist and immediately had answers.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

The problem with this practice is not the physician, but the office staff. They are inefficient and unresponsive. If you leave a message, no one returns your call. Whenever I have called, whether to schedule an appointment or request a prescription refill, I have been put on hold even before I say my name, and have frequently been disconnected or transferred to voice mail before giving any information regarding the reason for my call. Although the practice specializes in headache treatment and prevention, the office staff is typically condescending, abrupt and completely lacking in respect or professional courtesy. They really should be in a different business--one that does not involve responsibility for the care and wellness of patients.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

No follow up. Called to get ordered MRI pre-authorized 5 times, had to leave message on answering machine and never even got a return phone call.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Bad bad bedside manner. Clearly doesn't care about patients. Was nearly an hour late and the office smells musty and is extremely dirty.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2004

Dr. Ira M. Turner's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1972)