Ratings for Dr. William E. Vontobel

Von Tobel is YHE WORST doctor I've experienced in 67 years. More detail tomorrow. Don Blumenthal

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

I've been going to Dr . Von - Tobel for about 25 years. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I had one problem with him once!. After we discussed things I know where he is coming from and he Knows where I'm coming from. You don't ask questions he can't answer them. Great doctor .

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Diagnosed my problem without numerous tests. He also recommended a great Dr for follow up care.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Vontobel for about 4 years now and while I think he's a good doctor, he has a tendency to jump to conclusions. Every time I go in to see him he thinks I need a certain test and I've already had it done - twice and it really doesn't have anything to do with my symptoms at the present time. However, If he can't find out what's wrong with you, he doesn't hesitate to send you to a specialist that can. I would recommend him to anyone. He has been very patient and knowledgeable to me.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

Dr. Von Tobel is a narcicist who is prone to making snap judgements without the facts. He does not listen to his patients. I was referred to him by my Cardiologist who said he was a good Doctor. I went to see him for numbness in my hands and arms which is most likely carpal tunnel which my cardio Doc said he could test for. I was also asking him about joint pain and trying to give him a little history since it was my first visit and I was hoping to finally have a primary phsician again since my old one stopped taking my insurance. I just started telling telling him about how and why I had been taking pain meds when he jumped to the conclusion that I was a drug addict there trying to get my fix. I wasn't even asking for a prescription. I was trying to explain when he abruptly ended the exam without even checking on what I went there for. Just to be fair he did not charge me and told me to make another appointment, but who wants to see a Doctor who treats you like that.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Dr Von Tobel was very patient and caring with my mother. He was not hurried and was interested in what she had to say, not just what he wanted to say. Seems very competent and I was very impressed with him. I will keep taking my mother to him for what ever care she needs

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

He could use better communication skills. He will answer questions but if you do not ask them, you will not know.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2005

Dr. William E. Vontobel's Credentials

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Oxford