Ratings for Dr. Kristine M. Duffy

I have been seeing Dr. Duffy for many years, She is kind, thorough, and non-judgemental. I would highly recommend her. Her office staff has always been pleasant and helpful

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Dr. Duffy is calm, reassuring, confident, and kind. She will explain in detail and answer any questions you have. She is a top notch surgeon as well, I truly believe she saved my life and greatly improved my quality of life as well.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Duffy has been my ob-gyn for over 15 years. I especially like that she is laid back and non-judgemental. Takes time to listen. Appears to be interested when other medical issues are raised. She is professional, but, I still feel very comfortable with her; wouldn't mind going out for a cup of coffee with her, but, have a great deal of respect for her.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I had been going to Dr. Duffy for 3 years but have decided to change doctors. They didn’t comply when I tried to make an urgent appointment. At my last visit, I was the only patient in the office. I waited over an hour before they took my vitals. After that, I waited back in the waiting room for 10 more minutes. I finally got back to a room, where I waited for another 30 minutes- only to see the dr. for 5 minutes. I was also told insurance covered it, but I still got a $300 bill. I called to argue the bill. I was told multiple times “it wouldn’t be a problem to set up a payment plan”. I stated I didn’t need a payment plan but felt insulted they acted like I couldn’t afford it. The ladies at the front desk are rude. They have ignored me many times. I felt like the doctor didn’t remember who I was – she repeated the same information to me every visit & called it “new research”. I started going to her based on convenience but I have moved & found better doctors.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

I hate this place. HATE IT!!!! I was 19 when I went and was already pretty nervous since it was my 1st time at the gyno. The environment itself was terrifying, with creepy antique furniture everywhere. It did not seem like a proper place for a medical office. The ladies at the desk must have been sent by satan himself. I went there with a smile on my face but they acted like I was an idiot. Not friendly at all. Didn't even pretend to smile. They were a first timers worst nightmare. Dr. Duffy herself, was... pleasant, but would tell me about everything and spent almost 4 hours talking at me. One of the horrible desk ladies knocked on the door and rudely yelled at her saying, "Dr. Duffy, you have other patients!" I have never been more uncomfortable. Plus I do my research, and I have read too many poor reviews on BC, but she told me there was basically no side effects of implant, depo shot, or the ring. Needless to say I had a terrible reaction to the nuva ring given to me.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Bills patients the highest amount possible. Lots of lab & equipment fees

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

I was a new patient and my appointment was at 11 am. I guess they wanted you to be there 30mins earlier to fill out forms. I arrived at around 10:46am and as soon as I talked to "Robin" the office assistant I was greeted with a very rude treatment. Reprimanded me that I should have been there by 10:30 am. My new insurance company hasn't sent me my new card yet but I came with my medical ID #, Policy # and Group # information but Robin has told me that they need the address to send the bill to and I said we'll isn't "Humana" the company your gonna send the info to? I called my agent and asked for the address and they couldn't believe that this doctor's office doesn't know the address for Humana. Finally, Robin rudely told me that they also usually don't accept anyone withouth the actual card. And that's it! I lost it and told her to never mind and that she is so rude and her response to me was "OK!". I don't recommend this place at all.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

I started going to her because we were TTC over a year now. They did some blood tests on me and wanted my husband and I to do further testing. Not once did she ever touch me or do any exams. She answered questions I had but like previously stated, didnt come up with any herself. She seemed very knowledgeable but very unfriendly and brought up my acne issues (i hardly have any and NEVER asked her about them) so i was very uncomfortable. We got my husband tested and I decided to switch doctors. I called to get all my test results mailed to me and they said they wouldnt do that till i got my test done ($500) and then had to come in. Once i told them we wanted to find out my husbands results first they said they wouldnt release the results till i got tested. Basically held them hostage. After a few (not so nice) phone calls, I finally got a release form signed and results faxed to my new doctor. A waste of time and wish i never went there. Rude office staff.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

The front desk staff is always rude, my husband did not believe me until he came with me. The office hours are very limited too. Dr. Duffy is OK but, when I finally did get pregnant after trying for 2 years, I asked her if I should continue taking a medication she had me on and she said "We'll you could stop taking it, and if you lose this one, you will know to stay on it next time." I understand that you can lose a pregnancy but it was my first visit a few days after finding out I was pregnant with my first pregnancy and I thought it was really inappropriately worded. Also, she's the doctor, she put me on the medications, shouldn't she know if I should take it while I'm pregnant? She has made other not-so-nice comments but after that one I figured it was time to find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

My experience with this dr was awful! Her staff is rude, they are constantly loosing insurance info, the dr didnt listen to my needs. would not even reccomend to an enemy!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

Dr. Kristine M. Duffy's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1980)

Avmed