Ratings for Dr. Peter J. Bregman

I had a swelling just behind the foot-pad which kept the front of the foot from settling on the floor with each step, like having the top 1/16” of a golf ball in my shoe. I had seen another doctor for about 7 months and was getting nowhere. Given his reviews, I took a chance and saw Dr. Bregman. He quickly identified that my problem included Tarsal Tunnel syndrome back by the ankle by pressing a spot near the ankle of the good foot with no pain, while pressing the same spot on the bad foot which caused me definite pain. The other doctor hadn’t even noticed and was just treating the front of the foot with injections. Supporting X-rays and ultra-sound were done right in his office. His confidence in his diagnosis was refreshing so I accepted his recommendation on surgery vs what the other doctor suggested. Post-surgery you’ll have his email if you experience problems and he answers pretty quick!! Office staff is great. In 5 or 6 visits there, I’ve never waited more than 15 minutes past appointment time to actually see Doc. Suggestion: if you get foot surgery get a knee-walker, it’s a god-send vs relying only on crutches.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I had suffered with foot pain for 6 months to where it hurt to put pressure on my foot. I had seen 2 other podiatrists who had me do physical therapy and wear orthotics but to no avail. When i explained my pain to Dr. Bregman, he knew immediately that the problem was pressure against a nerve in my foot. He gave me an injection and have had no pain since. Thank you Dr. Bregman and I highly recommend him to anyone with foot issues and pain.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I suffered from lower leg pain for nearly 6 years post total knee replacement. Doctored in 3 states; multiple tests, specialists; PT & spinal fusion with no relief. Dr. Bregman gave me the diagnosis within minutes. A 27 minute procedure later and it was like a Christmas present. I didn't believe I would ever have this relief; after less than 7 weeks I'm 80% pain free. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I acquired a case of gout. Dr. Bregman and his staff kindly squeezed me into their busy schedule the day after I called to see him. I did not need to wait long. After the usual preliminary medical questions, Dr. Bregman gave me his diagnosis and prognosis. He informed me that The medication I was taking should work and said that if problems persisted, to come back to see him, where he would take the next step. I left his office satisfied and would not hesitate to return.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr Bregman did a bunionectomy for me on 4/20/17. I am so pleased with my experience. My original pain script was not effective... He met with me on his day off on Sat morning to look at my foot & adjust my prescription . How many Dr's would do that?? New script & my pain is controlled. I would recommend him to any one with foot concerns. I have been an RN for 30 hrs, including 10 yrs on surgical floors, --- this is something I did not share with Dr & his staff. So, when I observe & rate my care , I do it with a bit of bias because of my own background. I would rate Dr Bregman at the top in everything especially his bedside manner, patient education & surgical skills. He is 1 in a million!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Bregman for almost 5 years and he has helped me immensely. He is very knowledgeable and goes above and beyond what any doctor has to do. For example Dr Bregman performed my foot surgery in 2014 . It went well but a couple days later I had a what appeared to me to be an allergic reaction . At that point I emailed Dr Bregman on a holiday weekend and he got back to me very quickly and was able to assist me with my problem . That is a doctor that truly cares about his patients. I do not know any other doctor that would or has ever done that for me. He actually makes himself available to his patients and that's another thing other doctors would never do in my experience and I've had a lot of experience with doctors.. Another example is I had surgery a couple days ago and had a issue and he had me come in to the office on a Saturday so he could fix my issue, yet again showing how amazing a doctor and person he is. He has also helped my husband who had broken his leg and ankle in another state and had to get surgery for it and even though another doctor did his original surgery he took my husband as a patient and did all his follow up stuff and his second surgery and my husband is back to normal thanks to Dr Bregmans expertise. In closing I would recommend Dr Bregman to anyone that has leg, foot or ankle issues. He is a empathetic caring and knowledgeable doctor and those kind of doctors are few and far between especially in the Las Vegas Valley area. Thanks Dr Bregman for all you do!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

I had been having pain in my heels and numbness in my toes increasingly for many years. I had seen another podiatrist in Las Vegas, and a Neurologist, and was diagnosed with plantar fachiitus and neuropathy. I was given three shots in my feet which improved the problem but the pain would come back after the shot wore off. Dr Peter Bregman was recommended because he was experienced and specialized in these diagnoses. He did surgery which immediatly removed the foot pain in my heel and the feeling is coming back to my toes. Dr. Bregman has had excellent bedside manner, or personability, in the following weeks as I heel and improve. He ordered laser treatments to help with healing. The office staff has been excellent, as well as the medical assistants. I would absolutely recommend Dr Peter Bregman for all foot problems. He is very professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Our 17 year old son had bunion surgery on March 2, 2017, which was performed by Dr. Bregman. Our experience with Dr. Bregman from the beginning has been extremely positive. He is very knowledgeable and patiently answered all of our questions. The surgery went smoothly and my son is healing very nicely. He felt a little pain after the numbness from surgery wore off, but it only lasted for one day. We were careful to follow Dr. Bregman's post-op care. After our son's first day back to school, there were a few little fresh blood spots on the compression sock. I immediately took a picture and emailed it to Dr. Bregman, to ask if this was anything to worry about. I received a personal response back within the hour. As a mother, I really appreciated that. I have been very pleased with the care my son has received from Dr. Bregman.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Collapsed tarsul sinus repair using Hyprocure, greater toe required repair(almost like a cleaning) at joint due to very beginning stages of OA, and gastrocnemius (tendon) repair. Dr. Bregman has an immense amount of knowledge in his field. He and his staff are friendly, and informative. Dr. Bregman's MA kept me informed regarding appointments, follow-ups, and when any technical skills were necessary he performed with respect to any pain or mobility issues. Dr. Bregman listed all available options for treatment, his timeline is accurate, and surgery was performed with much better results than I envisioned. Currently within 1 year surgery #1 results in mobility which I had never had, no pain (it was between 4/10-7/10 everyday since teen years, (currently in 30's), I used to grit my teeth from pain causing headaches (and grinding of teeth) which has since passed. Minimal scarring at surgical sites (only 3). When researching the procedure Dr. Bregman came as highly reputable, and renowned for his work. I am happy to have done my research and met with D. Bregman. I recommend Dr. Bregman, and will be returning for surgery # 2 ( the other foot).

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Unfortunately my experience was far from ideal. I had bunion surgery and was informed by the doctor that the pain would be minimal. This was far from the truth as well as I had swelling that far outlasted the expected time frame. My recuperation was long and painful and included physical therapy, several months of a compression boot, the use of a compression machine, laser therapy and topical cream for swelling. I was informed by another podiatrist that the doctor performed the most complicated version of bunion surgery on me; he actually indicated that he had never seen it performed locally which led me to believe that the wrong procedure was used. additionally I now need follow up surgery to correct an oversight on Dr Bregman's part.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Peter J. Bregman

Dr. Peter J. Bregman's response
Dear patient, I am sorry that you feel like you had a bad experience with me but to be honest I have NEVER done a bunion surgery that is not commonly done by many other doctors. Swelling is always hard to predict and everyone heals differently. I wish I had a 100% success rate but I do not. I obviously tried to do everything I could to help you afterwards but sometimes also the patient themselves contribute to the issues themselves and want to blame the doctor. Also, what some other doctor may deem complicated may not be in another person's hands. None of the bunion surgeries I do are "complicated" just some are easier to do than others. I hope you get the desired outcome you are looking for.

Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Peter J. Bregman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Bregman has been in private practice for 20 years. He has been teaching other doctors new procedures and techniques for most of his career. He lectures internationally on a variety of topics but his main areas of expertise are in peripheral nerve problems of the lower extremity and pediatric flat feet. Dr. Bregman did his residency in Boston at a Harvard affiliated hospital. He also spend time in the former USSR performing charity mission work on crippled children. He is currently on the board of the Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons and is the only specially trained lower extremity peripheral nerve surgeon in Nevada. He enjoys golf and music as well as cooking. He has two rescue greyhounds.

• Spanish

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

• Attending of the Year ( Cambridge Hospital )
  • Top Doc of Las Vegas 2014
  • Leading physicians of the world