Dr. Peter J. Bregman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Peter J. Bregman

After many years with bunion pain I finally decided to have surgery after going to see Dr. Bregman. I had both surgeries about two months apart. Although this was not going to be my first time having surgery I was pretty freaked out but he assured me that everything was going to be okay and that it was. What I appreciated most about it all was that he took the time to call me the same day after surgery to inquire on how I was doing, that really meant a lot to me. I am in the final stretch and the second foot seems to be doing just as good as the first so I figure by the end of summer both feet will be good to go. Dr. Bregman is great you won't be disappointed!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I used to walk on my tiptoes all the time and it would cause pain in my legs and after seeing so many doctors telling me ridiculous explanations and no solutions to my problem my mom was recommended to Dr. Bregman. My mom and I went Dr. Bregman and he didn't waste any time to fix my problem. He did the surgeries and now I walk flat footed and normally and I don't have any more pain. Any problems that had occurred after the surgeries Dr. Bregman fixed. My mother and I are very grateful for him and his wonderful staff. After my surgery he was able to help another girl with a similar problem. He is a very exceptional doctor.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Dr. Bregman performed surgery on my foot two weeks ago to correct a bunion and hammertoe. I had the identical surgery done by an orthopedic surgeon on my other foot seven years ago, but had such a poor outcome that I was very reluctant to undergo round two. The surgery and recovery this time around has already been so much better than the experience I had with the previous doctor that I wish I had found Dr. Bregman and done this years sooner! With my first surgery, communication with the doctor and his staff was frustrating. I was in the dark regarding what sort of recovery to expect and even what sort of outcome. I woke from anesthesia with a pin coming out of my toe that I was not expecting. I was also ordered to stay completely non-weight bearing for six weeks. My only means of getting around was crutches or a knee scooter for more than a month in the Vegas heat. Then towards the end of the six weeks, I was told I would have to go to physical therapy three times per week for up to ten weeks for my gait to be back to normal and for my toes to work the way they did before surgery (curling, touching the ground). As a busy attorney at the time, this information would have all been appreciated prior to scheduling surgery. On the contrary, Dr. Bregman was very thorough in his explanation of what to expect from the surgery and what sort of recovery to expect. He also provided email as a means of communicating with him directly if I had any questions prior to or following the surgery. My recovery has been a breeze: I have been in a walking boot and able to efficiently get around since a week post-surgery, and expect to be fully healed at six weeks. Dr. Bregman asked me if physical therapy fit into my schedule and then wrote an order based upon my answer; and, physical therapy will start now so that my complete recovery is not delayed by a delay in initiating PT. I have had two post-surgery visits to ensure that everything is healing correctly and have had late night emailed questions answered when I’ve panicked about something. Dr. Bregman has a great bedside manner, his office staff is polite, addresses me by name, and has appointment times when I want them. I literally have no complaints. Dr. Bregman was referred to me by a friend who also had an excellent outcome to a difficult surgery and had positive things to say about Dr. Bregman. I’m glad I followed her recommendation and expect that you, too, will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I recently had bunion surgery on both my feet a month apart (1/18 /18 and 2/22/18). This being my first time ever having surgery, I was extremely nervous and worried about the unpleasant experiences I heard from a couple of people. But Dr. Bregman assured me that the surgery aftermath wouldn't hurt, and he was right (it didn't hurt him!). I must say, though, that he was pretty right on about that statement because I never had to take but 1 or 2 pain meds afterwards. The day after surgery, Dr. Bregman called me to check on how I was doing, but the only complaint I had was a dull ache in my foot and that it looked like something alien from the X-Files, so I wasn't able to garner much sympathy. Within 2 weeks after the 1st surgery, I was able to clomp (with support boot) my way to an UNLV basketball game, climbing stairs to the uppermost bleachers. And 2 weeks after that I was back in the pool working on my butterfly. The entire experience was much, much less fearful than I had anticipated. The only time I had any pain was whenever I banged or tripped into something - then it really hurt. The operating room was quite a new experience for me too (Is this how they execute a condemned criminal by lethal injection?). Also, word of advice: stock up on dried prunes because the anesthesia can make you constipated big time; otherwise, dynamite is called for. Kudos to his staff, who are excellent. Unless I grow a 3rd foot, I hope never to run into Dr. Bregman again. Thanks Doc, you're the best. BTW, in case I need one, do you do head transplants?

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

It was a good experience! They made me feel very relaxed! Everybody was very kind! The surgery was perfect, there were no problems at all!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I had a high arch on both of my feet along with type II diabetes. Have gone to podiatrists over the last 20 years to have calluses trimmed due to the arch and have used various types in shoe inserts. Over time calluses would not heal and became subject to infections. After being referred to Dr. Bregman, I was scheduled for surgery within a month. Dr. Bregman corrected the problem with one foot and then did surgery on the other foot. Since surgery which flattened out my arch, and having he correct orthotics for my shoes, I no longer have those issues. Wish I would have done it 20 years ago!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

The toes on my right foot were leaning towards my big toe and some toes were curling under. I saw Dr. Bregman and he diagnosed a torn ligament. He did surgery on November 30 to repair the ligament and straighten my toes. I was amazed that I had such little pain after the surgery. Dr Bregman personally called me the day after surgery to see how I was doing. I am recovering nicely with taped toes and wearing a boot. It's nice to see straight toes again! I can't say enough about how knowledgeable, compassionate and considerate Dr Bregman and his medical assistant, Lis are. Should the need arise, I would definitely see Dr Bregman. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

Had a very good experience with Dr. Bregman and staff. My experience far exceeded my previous doctor. I found Dr Bregman to be very knowledgeable. He diagnosed my planter fasciosis and explained clearly my treatment options. Now I’m pain free.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

“I finally saw Dr. Bregman for a complex nerve problem after many other doctors and countless MRIs and testings could not help. He performed surgery on multiple nerves in my right foot and I’m now able to walk and do activities without any pain like I had before! He is extremely thorough and knowledgeable about what he is doing. He has a lot of compassion and communicates well with patients. I was pleasantly surprised when he promtly answered one of my questions over email even though it was the weekend! I highly recommend Dr. Bregman! I wished I had known about him from the beginning so I didn’t have to waste my time and money!”

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Dr Bregman is a very nice man. His office staff treated me with lots of respect. He saw me for 6 months and did surgery on me and I never improved and he could never explain why. I was referred to a neurosurgeon by my neice who is a nurse and he had to to another surgery but I now have no more pain in my foot.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

Dr. Peter J. Bregman

Dr. Peter J. Bregman's response
I wish I knew who this person was so I could understand what was done to help this person. I wish I had 100% success rate but this is the nature of medicine and surgery. I am glad you were able to find help and get better. Sometimes there are other nerve issues that occur once you do one surgery that will not reveal until after surgery but I am glad you got better if you read this please email me and let me know what was done to get you better....Dr. Bregman

Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr. Peter J. Bregman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Bregman has been in private practice for 20 years. He has been teaching other doctors new procedures and techniques for most of his career. He lectures internationally on a variety of topics but his main areas of expertise are in peripheral nerve problems of the lower extremity and pediatric flat feet. Dr. Bregman did his residency in Boston at a Harvard affiliated hospital. He also spend time in the former USSR performing charity mission work on crippled children. He is currently on the board of the Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons and is the only specially trained lower extremity peripheral nerve surgeon in Nevada. He enjoys golf and music as well as cooking. He has two rescue greyhounds.

• Spanish

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

• Leading physicians of the world
  • Attending of the Year ( Cambridge Hospital )
  • Top Doc of Las Vegas 2014