Ratings for Dr. Margaret M. Bergin

Not a very good doctor, and no bedside manner. I ended up switching to another PCP, who I love - and wow what a difference between the two! I didn't even realize how bad she was until I started seeing my new PCP. She is just not that caring and doesn't really listen to you. For example, I complained about having overactive bladder for over a year, and she never paid attention to it. She said it was probably just "nerves" or my weight. Well I ended up losing 50 lbs, and still had the issue, and when I brought it up to my new PCP, she investigated right away and come to find out I had a REAL problem!! Go figure. Just anything I complained about was blamed on my weight while I was heavier. She also said once, out of the blue, "so why don't you like getting on the scale at home?" (I had NEVER said anything about that, because that wasn't the case, in fact, I weighed myself every morning!!) She does not have a warm personality and really just doesn't seem to care much.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

this doctor ignored multiple problems I had. When I mentioned severe pain in my leg, she said it is just a pinched nerve and did nothing. A year later I was having back surgery becuase I could not move. My husband called because I had a medical emergency while out of town-my body had swollen to twice its size and my skin was burning and red. Doc did not even want to make an appt for me, then agreed. Put me on meds, then never followed up on the meds that weren't working, then never returned my phone calls. Found another doctor who actually cares.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

well i thought she was nice until i needed some meds for pain .then she and her flunky nures who is also in on the medical disorder.she has sent false l.f.t. numbers and had me go to get my blood tested all the time so she could lower the pain meds cause she was having a hard time writting them .i had galbladder attack i made appointment when i was in the receptionest area in tons of pain i was told to go to emergancy at the hospital which was some distance away.that night she called me to see what was the problem in an angry voice like i did something wrong.i had a physical and she is rude and uncaring like a viper with 2 legs.she asked if i beat my wife 2 times i was surprized and took me back some and accoused me of drinking.i have another doctor and recently she sent them some inflamitory letter .= .so now i cant be treated by this doctor from what she said. the nures had me sign a blank hippa i thought it was for her but it was for the other doctor. No wonder I'm on bp meds.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007

The other 2 comments on this site (both dated the same day) are certainly a surprise to me, and appear to be from a husband and wife new to the Rochester NY area. This physician has exceptional skill, is caring, and has correctly diagnosed very serious life-threatening illnesses or conditions for both my wife and me over the past ten years. She is very responsive, and is by far the most trusted and dedicated physician I have had in my 59 years of life in the Rochester area, and I have seen many. When my son was serving in Afghanistan in 2002, Dr Bergin and her office sent him a care package, and she asked about him every single time my wife or I visited her office while he was overseas. She was genuinely concerned about his safety, and how my wife and I were coping, emotionally and physically, with him being in such danger. I trust her with my life.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2006

Worst doctor I have ever had! When I moved to Rochester I got her name from the insurance book- my best advice is to PICK ANOTHER NAME! Not only is she rude and doesn't listen the office staff lost my medical records!!!! The best thing about her is that the wait isn't long but as soon as you get in to see her you know why. I have spent more time tying my shoe then I did meeting with her. When I went in for Bronchitis she didn't even listen to me breathe. She handed me an inhaler sample and sent me on my way. I have now switched doctors and I recommend people who have her now do the same. AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2005

Dr. Bergin is the worst Doctor that either my wife or I have ever come across. She is rude and has the bed side manner of a convicted criminal. She has no desire to answer questions or to expand on her decisions or evaluations. She is not flexible or caring. If you can choose any other doctor than her in the Rochester area I would suggest that you do. Her practice seems to only be concerned with making money and getting people in and out of the door. She also has now miss-diagnosed my wife and I each at-least one time. Avoid this doctor at all cost. Her unprofessional nature is a disservice to her profession.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2005

Dr. Margaret M. Bergin's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1986)