Ratings for Dr. Marcus D. Barnett

Dr Barnett has new staff and they are much more efficient than the old staff. He is an experienced OB/Gyn and gives practical advice. He takes a conservative approach and practices preventative medicine. I prefer a male OB/Gyn but he does have a female Dr who practices in his office if that is your preference.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Very disappointed with Dr Barnett. The wait time is ridiculous. The office staff is incompetent. Beware

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Barnett has horrible bedside manner. He let his cockiness proceed his "knowledge" which has caused him to make mistakes I know he now regrets.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Barnett is very knowledgeable. However, his staff is another thing. They don't return calls. The wait time is awful. I was told my personal business in front of the entire office. No one had time to talk to me, so the woman in the front office tried to hold what should have been a private conversation in front of everyone in the front office. She even slid both windows back to make sure I saw and heard her. I have been a patient for a very long time, and this is the most unprofessional front office staff he has had. I am very disappointed in Dr. Barnett for allowing his office staff to act in such a matter. They represent you Dr. Marcus Barnett!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I absolutley love Dr. Barnett. I remember being nervous about moving to Houston and having to find a new doctor. I went in for one of my regular doctor's visits (3 weeks from due date) and Dr. Barnett noticed my daughter had flipped back around in a breach position. I was asked to go directly to the hospital and he'd meet my husband and I there. I had to have an emergency c-sect, but the best part about it all was Dr. Barnett prayed just before starting my procedure. Being a Christian woman; that meant so much to me. My daughter is now 12 and I still tell her stories of how great my pregnancy experience was.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

This office staff neglectfully faxed over my private medical records to my office's public fax machine where there are more than 70 staff. There was no apology provided, only justification of the neglectful actions!! The doctor refused to speak with me, and the office management has not responded!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

I love Dr. Barnett I have been going to him since I was 17 years old I am now 23. He does take his time going into the exam room but it is so worth the wait. He takes his time with you and answer any questions that you may have. I don't have any kids now but I tell all my girlfriends that I want him to deliver my baby. Dr. Barnett is really a great ob/gyn I recommend him anyone looking for a great doctor.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2010

I used him for my first pregnancy. He made me feel very comfortable with the pregnancy and let me know exactly was going on at every moment. I was 16 when I had her and not scared at all. My second child was with a doctor in Hawaii and in a military hospital. I hated it. I would have given anything to be able to Have Dr Barnett out there with me for number 2. Next child I will travel to Houston to have my baby instead of having it where my husband is stationed.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

Dr Barnett and staff delivered excellent service. Dr Barnett and staff are true professionals. I was referred to this office for Female concerns. Dr Barnett saw me and provided a thorough exam upon completion he discussed with me my options so that I can make a decision on my health. I am truly happy I met this doctor. Prior to this visit my health was downplayed by the military doctors.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Dr. Marcus D. Barnett's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1984)