Ratings for Dr. Vibhay Prasad

Be very cautious with this Dr. Question EVERY pill they bring you. If you are an advocate for a family member don't trust that they will tell you what they are prescribing your loved one. Ask EVERY day for a print out of the medication list. And do your research because this Dr. will prescribe psychotic medications when your family member is being treated for physical ailments without questioning medical history. He does not listen or communicate with family or patients well at all. When you question why he is prescribing certain medicines he gets rude and defensive. There is no oversight over this guy and I hope Los Robles starts looking more into what he is doing. How he treats patients is NOT ok.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

My mother is in a rehab facility in Westlake, CA after being in the hospital for 2 weeks. Me or a family member have been in the room with her except for a few hours of sleep since she went in to hospital on Christmas Day. We're well aware of how nurses & doctors work within that system. She had been in his facility 3 or 4 days when for the first time I asked to speak with him regarding my mother's meds. He reluctantly started over the list & mentioned she was on a blood thinner. As she had never been on that previously, & she had a history of bleeding easily, I asked why she was being given that. His reply was "Do you want to take her off of it? If you want to, I'll take her off, I don't care, she's not my mother". Assuming he was kind of joking, I smiled and said, oh sure you do, you want her to get well and leave here, don't you? He said, "I don't care, but if you want to take over, you can" & he threw the pen down & threw the book back to the clerk. I said no more.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Dr. Vibhay Prasad's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1991)

• BCBS Illinois