Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Acocella

Dr. Acocella has been my primary doctor for about 7 years now and I will never switch doctors. He is very knowledgeable and kind. He takes time to listen to all of my problems and/or concerns. He even remembers where I work and asks how everything is going with my job. The doctor is actually the one who calls me to come into the room (you rarely see this). Whenever I've needed bloodwork, the doctor is the one who draws the blood right there in the office, which is so convenient! The staff is all very nice and helpful with my appointments. I've never waited long and never felt rushed. My entire family goes to Dr. Acocella and I would recommend him to everyone! :)

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

This guy, and this outfit he runs is just THE WORST!! He will NEVER help you unless he can bill your insurance company!!! Be prepared for absolutely useless office visits because he needs to get those billings filed. This clown actually makes me feel bad for insurance companies and that is saying something!! Flexibility is out of the question and the staff (especially the old hag) is too stupid to make any arrangements that work to simplify your life - no joke, they will not mail forms to you, no matter what they are you have to go in to pick them up (guess that .42 is cutting into margins). Please, please, please find somebody else before you sign on with this witless gang! Some of this bad office behavior would be acceptable if the DR showed competence but he doesn't. I'm in my late 40s and he has never done testicular or prostate exam on me during my yearly physicals. I don't want those damn tests so, of course, I never ask for them but wouldn't a professional ask/discuss?

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

As a health care provider I find the doctor and his staff to be very professional. I have never felt rushed, and have never waited long to be seen. They are always very helpful and are willing to set appointments around my work schedule. I have now moved out of the area, but refuse to change physicians for I know I will not find an office as caring and dedicated as his.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

Can't understand why one can't leave a message for the doctor to arrange an appointment when office is closed. Do not understand why the Dr. doesn't call after a test has been scheduled and the results are forwarded to him. Don't understand why the Dr. NEVER returns calls when message is given to secretary/staff. This Dr. needs to have some greater compassion for his patients. On the initial visit, all is nice; then after other visits, the Dr. seems to care less.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

Dr Acocella him self seemed very unattentive, but on on time. His staff left alot to be desired. The older women helping me held me up more than i could imagine. I was very disappointed, I was a patient of the Dr about 6 years ago and moved away. I felt very convident when I returned to the area since both him and his wife where very helpful and compassionate before...Well things change and not always for the best !!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

I am a clinician myself and am very tough to please when it comes to doctors. Dr. Acocella is an exception - He is warm, caring, nonjudgemental and knowledgeable. He refers appropriately to specialists when needed. The staff is very helpful, unlike many other offices I have visited. I am so pleased that I have referred my spouse and mother to him, and they are equally satisfied.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2008

Excellent staff and Dr. They are very caring and personable. The Dr. listened to my concerns and never interrupted, I never felt rushed. He was very kind and pleasant, I felt very comfortable. He addressed my concerns with respect and understanding. I can’t say enough about how at ease I felt, and how professional and caring the Dr. and staff were.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

EXCELLENT physician. Prompt and caring. Takes time to LISTEN and answer all questions. Highly recommended! PS...to the person below who posted first comments....learn to spell!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

This "doctor" does not know what he is doing. Him and his staff are very unprofessional. I do not recomment him at all.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2005

Dr. Michael A. Acocella's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Oxford