Ratings for Dr. Steven D. Yang

My 86 year old father was having blurring vision on his left side (could not perceived things to his left). Dr. Yang referred him to an ophthamologist. When I got this news (I was his son) I immediately called for an ambulance as I felt he was beginning to have a stroke (which he did have). Dr. Yang completely missed the diagnosis a first year med student should have been able to make. If you are really worried about your health, FIND SOMEONE ELSE.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

I agreed to the extra money for MDVIP because I trust Dr. Yang. He is an outstanding Dr. He cares, takes time, and is really spot on with his care. His staff is utterly terrible. A tribe of angry, older nurses who need to be taught customer service when MDVIP started. I pay for abuse from them, good thing Dr. Yang is so good. I am willing to battle these unprofessional people to get great medical care. They are so rude to people on the phone. They talk badly about the doctors, even when others can hear them and let them know!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Dr. Yang was a good doctor, but I had to go to another doctor because he and his colleagues in that office decided to do some kind of new system where you have to pay a montly allowance to still be a patient. It was the type of thing that the elderly do, not people who rarely get sick. He was great when I went to see him, always on time and a very sincere man. However, he doesn't have much of a sense of humor, so if you think you can crack any jokes...wrong!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2008

Dr. Yang is really nice and easy to talk to. He is responsive with returning results promptly and really seems to care about what I'm saying. I feel like he is a doctor that will work with a patient and not feel threatened when the patient asks questions.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Dr. Yang is very knowledgeable, patient, and pays attention to detail. It's great to have a doctor who listens to what I'm saying and takes detailed notes while he's doing it. When necessary, he's willing to make referrals to specialists and has always had wonderful recommendations.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007

Willing to spent the time to listen and to explain

flag | Submitted January 4, 2007

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Yang for about 6 years now, and even though we live over 40 miles away, we still continue to go there. His care has been outstanding and his practice is incredibly organized, understanding, and very responsive. He is the kind of doctor that gets to know his patients, doesn't make you feel like a number, and will return your call personally to preserve confidentiality. I have many friends who go there now as well.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2006

I've been seeing Dr. Yang for one year. He's very punctual. He respects your time. He listens very carefully and asks probing questions. He's very supportive in a professional manner. I never feel rushed. I like him.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2005

Dr. Steven D. Yang's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1989)

Providence