Ratings for Dr. Hani Sami

I have been to Dr. Sami many times. Most of the visits were for my mom who has passed away at almost 90. It took us about 3 times to feel comfortable with him. We felt like he took really good care of us. Our only frustration was waiting for quite a while for some the appointments. We always felt he gave us the time we needed and knew that he was likely doing the same for others. That helped us be more patient with the waiting time. We really respected him and I can't say enough good things about him. I remember being not too far away from his office and running in to him right after he had his lunch. I remember how big my smile was and I think I hugged him too. I was so thankful to him for helping me get my mom to the end of her life in the best way possible.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I have seen Dr. Sami many times and 75% percent of the I left dissatisfied. He failed to listen to me most of the time, unless my visit was for something very simple, like a skin infection, sore throat, etc. Most of the time, he shows a poor choice of words and his delivery of those words were not delivered in a very friendly manner. One time I refused to see him, another time I asked to see one of his associates for my problem. Their office just happened to be just down the street from my house and was very convenient. I have not had a problem with any of his associates. I have since switched doctors.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

My experience with this doctor has been unsatified. I would always have to update him and reminded of past visits. I always left with more questions than I went in for.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

Wow, I'm a little surprised and concerned with the other reviews. My experience with Dr. Sami has been pretty darn good - enough to recommend him to other people. But maybe I should stop doing that - maybe my experiences are unique to me?? Anyway, I really like that Dr. Sami thinks outside the box and recommends natural remedies as well as "Western medicine" remedies. My brother was really impressed with him too when he accurately diagnosed a lung infection after a few other doctors could not. I've seen Dr. Sami about 4 times.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

My mother had trouble remembering the care instructions she was given so I started flying in to attend her visits. He refused to give written information, or deciminate the info by phone despite multiple copies of release of information permission to her family members. My mother chose him and had seen him for years, but he and his partner never seemed to remember any of her past medical history. I have to wonder if they look at the old chart or if they just document poorly.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

I went to this doctor because of a lingering cold. I was told I had a bacterial infection. My lungs were not checked, my heart was not checked, my pulse not checked. I was given azythromycin andnot told about side effects. I has an allergic reaction to the antibiotic with nausea, dizziness, bloody stool. Went back to this doctor,described all symptoms and was not told these were serious side effects; was told I needed a colonoscopy and was yelled at to do it now because I "could have cancer". He gave me no treatment for the side effects and sent me home to fend for myself. I give these ratings because I should have teen told of the side effects of the antibiotic and given some type of treatment. I had to find a treatment on my own.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010