Ratings for Dr. Maria L. Walker

Went to Emergency Clinic for food poisoning! The staff was very friendly. Nurse Beatrice was efficient and professional. Dr. Walker was prompt and gave me needed prescriptions for nausea. Very helpful!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Worst Dr.'s time and office management skills I have ever witnessed. There is no excuse for any sick patients to wait 4 hours before seeing the doctor. You can be seen faster at the emergency. Staff turn over is high. I would not recommend the practice to my worst enemy. I walked out feeling as if I was at a clinic with no insurance. The Buckhead facility is ran totally different from the snapfinger location. The wait time is about 30 minutes verses 4 hours. I personally feel the patient personal time is not valued by Dr. Walker .

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

staff sucks, you wait long time, the nurse will not call med in until you beg for a week or more. The waiting period to see doctor is too long. (3 hours with an appointment or longer.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Maria Walker for 10+ years. I feel very comfortable with her. The wait may be long but care is great. Dr. Walker will take as much time with you as you need.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

you have to wait 5 to 6 hours to see the dr. and it might be PA you are seeing and the staff does not tell you. The doctor especially the PA does not listen to you about how you are feeling they tell you how you and you walk away still feeling bad with no knowledge of what is going on with you. The staff has NO knowledge what so ever. Every one in the office is running around with no kind of task on what they are doing.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

I went to this office yesterday in search for a new physician since I changed over from Kaiser. Well It started at the door. My appointment was at 09:15 and I got to the triage area around 1005. Once I was donr there I had an ekg done and then I was placed in a office to wait to see the Dr. I waited until 1055 before I asked a lady in one of the offices to check on the hold up, and was told someone would be in to check on me in a minute. Well by 1120 Noone had been i n to check on me so I went out again and spoke to a nurse who really didnt seem too concerned with my issue. Well I stepped out to use the restroom and came right back not even 3 minutes and the doctor was in with a patient who arrived after I did, and stayed in there with her for another 30 minutes. Needless to say, It was not very clean and well maintained. I left this office at 0115 pm with a referral and a headache. Her staff needs to learn etiquette, and the Dr needs to learn time management.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

Dr Walker is very knowledgable, attentive & gives EACH pt as much time as needed to ask & answer dx,tx. That is why there is a longer wait time, but it s worth the wait; knowing you,too will get the same quality treament from your MD. Nsg staff good; front office just avg.MD: Excellent

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Dr. Walker is a great doctor but her front office staff at her Decatur office is comprised of individuals who have the IQ of lint - to put it mildy. They are so grossly incompetent it stuns me. A patient could die waiting on them to handle even the simplest of requests. They never follow up on anything, i.e., referral requests, appointment requests, etc. They place patients on hold and then drop the telephone calls. They fail to return calls when promised. Its absolutely amazing how bad things have become in that office.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

OMG this is the worst doctor office ever, I took my mother of 80 years old to her app. at 09:00 am , and we got out of there at 15:30...........i will not recomend this doctor at all. my mother way for about 5 1/2 hour just to be seen for 1 minute . Please ,Please don't you go to the office if you don't want to experiance a terrible day.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Terrible service, very unprofessional. She should be out of business...the whole staff is incompetent.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Maria L. Walker's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1982)