Ratings for Dr. James J. Barr

The only time he was behind schedule was due to a patient emergency.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Very personable and caring. Tells you like it is. He's only on time if you're one of the first patients of the day, so make your appointment as early as possible. This practice never calls me to report test results even when they say they will, so always call them to ask. However, you must leave a message. Great doctor, but kind of hard to get ahold of.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2008

He is the most caring doctor I and my family have ever had. He treats me as a person he knows my name and my family names and history. It may be my appt. but if my wife is with me he will ask how she is doing and if she has a problem he will treat her as well as me. He seems to care more about the person than how much than money he can bill the insurance company. Ever when there was a time that I did not have insurance and I had medical problem and only paid for a office visit the of care stay the same as if he could bill an insurance company for added time and service he would walk into the room and I felt as if I was the most imported person he had seen that day he might need 10 min. or it might 30 min. He is the most caring, helpful, and knowledgeable Doctor I been seen by, but if I need a specalist he will often recomend Doctors whom have treated him or his own family. Going to see Dr. Barr is my 1st. step and last step medical problem if I see other doctors he has the last word.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2008

Dr. Barr and the other physicians in this group are knowledgable and helpful. However, the office and support staff are extremely difficult to reach and at times uncaring and unprofessional. Although I like the MD, he is just not worth dealing with the support staff necessary to see him. One one occassion I got in my car and drove to the office to attempt to make an appointment because reaching a person to do so was impossible...phone lines busy for hours. I work in health care and understand the demands today to see more patients to stay afloat, but if you can't adequately care for those under your care due to volume, I think your ethics require you to step back and reexamine your approach.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2006

Bar none Dr. Barr is the best! Caring, kind and knowledgeable. With a quick smile to boot. He runs a tight ship and gives you his full attention during a visit. The staff at Dublin Family Care is also top notch. The few times over the years I've needed to get in and he's been away others on the team (Dr. Carducci, Dr. Harper, etc.) have been great. Anytime I've been anywhere getting a test run when the nurse/tech asks who the Dr. is and I say Dr. Barr, anytime they are familiar w/ him it's always followed with, "he's the best" or "everyone of his patients love him" or "he's my doctor too"--which always reinforces that I've made a good selection with him. This site only lets me give him a 5 but in my book he's a 10.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2005

Dr. James J. Barr's Credentials

• Univ De San Carlos, Fac De Cien Med, Guatemala (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Dublin, OH