Ratings for Dr. Norman Bull

Try another place... they are not bad with children, yet not particularly good with them either. Some sarcastic remarks were said to Mom that were a bit disrespectful, even if unintended. There is no pro-active discussions regarding placement of incoming teeth, whereas the second opinion we sought brought it up to us without us even having to mention it. Questions or requests (even if small) seem to be a problem from both dentist and front desk. A reputable practice but not exceptional.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr Bull is a patient and friendly Doctor. The same cannot be said about the receptionists who work the front desk. Curt, unaccommodating and borderline rude. They have a way of making you feel bad for even the smallest request (booking another appointment). Hard to believe such unfriendly behaviour is tolerated by the other staff.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr. Bull is extremely approachable, very flexible. He sits down with parents (grandparents) after each visit, gives information, & answers all questions without rushing. I am surprised at some of these reviews & advise that parents be very straightforward, ask questions, express doubts directly. He WILL listen, completely non-intimidating. My grandchildren love going to see Dr. Bull. He & his assistants have created a very supportive, fear-free environment, establishing in children very positive attitudes about dental appointments & dental care.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

Dr. Bull is amazing with kids - highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Bull is great with my two young boys the problem I have is getting in contact with the receptionists to make the appointment. In my work I am in and out of the office all day and to leave a message and them call me back is not working. If they could just answer the phone, I have called at least 10 times today. This seems to happen every time I need to book.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Really great with children...my oldest who is 7 now took about 5 visits before he would sit in chair and the staff and dr did not pressure him ever. I appreciated their patience.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

I have had and still have, Dr Bull for 12 years now, and I just love him! He is so friendly, caring and knowledgeable. He is always on time and very good to my children. I love how he signs to my youngest while checking her teeth out. Some of his staff are super friendly, caring and understanding . But some are very rude! They have treated me like I was dirty or something! I would rate Dr Bull and SOME of his staff a 5 :)

Submitted October 28, 2013

I've been taking my kids to Dr. Bull for about 8 years. He's great with them. My huge complaint is when my son was about 1.5 years old his enamel on his teeth was deteriorating and they were bleeding because the nerves were exposed. So Dr. Bull pulled all 4 of his front top teeth out, right there in the chair. It was the most traumatic ever experience ever for both my son and my husband and myself. We ended up going to another dentist for my son, and he was very upset that the teeth were pulled, he said that they could have been saved and capped. My son didn't get his adult front teeth until the end of grade 4. His teeth have grown in crooked and with a big gap between the front 2. Now my youngest who is 17 months old is having the same problem with her teeth, Dr. Bull says he will cap them but it will be a 4 month wait because she will need general anesthesia and be at the hospital. I fear in 4 months there won't be enough of the teeth to save. I'm now looking for a new dentist!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

On one single occasion my teen daughter forgot to present herself to the desk staff until she had been there for 30 minutes. This was counted as a missed appointment. I suggested to the staff that they could have called her name and found her there, but they apparently took offense to my remark--9 months later I called to ask why we were no longer receiving reminders, and was told (after being on hold for 10 minutes) that we were no longer clients of the dentist. I was not given any valid reason other than 'missed appointments'. I asked to have an explanation and was told there was none beyond a note from the dentist saying we were no longer clients. Nothing untoward was ever done, it was simply a misunderstanding. I feel it was unprofessional not to have a senior staff person discuss this or try to sort it out, to just cancel our account without any word is unprofessional and coarse on the part of this dentist. Be aware that if you upset his staff, you won't be allowed there.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

I'm jealous of my kid. I wish I had this dentist growing up. My child loves going tp the dentist. It is not a scary experience at all!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011