Ratings for Dr. Malcolm B. Oliver

He is the worst doctor ever!! I went to him for weeks with sever stomach pain. He gave me acid reflux medicine and dismissed me. I finally rode an ambulance to st Johns where an ultra sound revealed a gall bladder full of stones. He had done no testing of any kind. So much time had passed my liver was infected and I had to be hospitalized for days before the surgery to remove it . He nearly killed me for a simple gall bladder . Also I was always in pain and he would give me no drugs at all. Yet other patients were overloaded on them. Maybe because I was a Mercy employee. I went to another man Dr. Kyle Smith who ordered An MRI and it revealed a big problem. Dr Smith could not believe I was working with the pain. He gave me pain meds right away. I am now on disability. DROLIVER was fired in Republic and should not be allowed to practice. He is the sorrows excuse for a doctor I ever met. Do not go to this man.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

This man is not a quality doctor. I went through extreme hardship due to him ignoring my needs before I finally found a better doctor, and I can't get that time back that I lost in him sitting on his hands while I suffered and was unable to work. Your health is very important, and I want to warn others to stay away from this man. Don't waste your time or money on an appointment with him, there are much better doctors you can see.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

they are the worlds worst about calling you back they also seem to give up easy

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

very carless with prescribing medications. he would rather take the easy fix, instead of trying to find the root of the problem. He has created many drug addicts/abusers with his negligent prescribing of narcotics. he was fired from st johns for this very reason.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Dr. Oliver took time to sit and talk in detail with me and gave me answers on every question I had. Not only was he very efficient, he was also understanding and patient. These are increasingly more and more rare qualities in the medical field.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I was a Pain maneagment case with this doctor for about eight months At first we got along great and had a very good relationship but when the medications stopped working so did he he dismissed me due to personality conflict if im not mistakin aint a doctor suppose to be a professional and stand with there patients thru anything again dr oliver thanks for the unproffesional personality conflict i am unable to word now and on my way to being homeless

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

i was shocked when st. john's hospital dismissed him. he was a wonderful doc always took such good care of me spent time and was concerned. that was in 2008. still now in 2009 i would love to find him so i can be a patient of his again. they showed very poor judgment in how they dealt with one of their own doctors. st. john's is not correct in how they treated him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

EXCELLENT doctor. Not very punctual, but makes up for it by providing the best care possible

flag | Submitted May 23, 2008

Dr. Oliver is the BEST doctor I have ever seen. Dont know what there is to complain about. He always has taken the time to explain my medical conditions and my medications to me. Even took the time to answer my questions about medical school and did a far better job than my pre-med advisor at MSU!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

It is my opinon that this is the worst kind of Dr. he is uncaring and unresponsive. My moth-in-law was his patient for a few years. When she got sick I went to springfield to see about her. Took her to the Dr. he drew blood said to call him in a few days. The next day she was worse took her to the E.R. because he was not in the office and unreachable the staff knew nothing about the blood work and did not know how to reach him. So on to the E.R. 4 hours later after several test it was determined she had a stroke and severe kidney infection. Gave her antibiotics sent her home told her to follow up with her Dr. Thats when I brought her to Kansas City to see a real Dr. To this day he has not called to check on her she is 81 years old. Had I not brought her to KC she would have just went home to die. We were told there was nothing that could be done for her and that she probably had a few weeks. That was a year ago. BE CAREFUL

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr. Malcolm B. Oliver's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)