Ratings for Dr. Douglas M. Dahl

Professional, pleasant, patient, simply all you could ask for in a physician specializing in urology and related cancers. A great asset to health care in general and MGH, specifically. Lucky to be his patient!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Excellency across the board! Brilliant surgeon yet kind and down to earth. His assistant, AJ, was wonderful as well! Totally recommend.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Dr. Dahl is a brilliant doctor that is vey knowledgeable in urology. I was very fortunate to speak with him and have him diagnose my kidney for possible tumors. He explained to me if they were tumors his surgical procedure would easily abate the situation without removal of a kidney. I have never met such a doctor with confidence about abating cancerous tumors without the necessary chemo or radiation additions. A leader in the field of urology.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Doctor Dahl operated on me in 8/14. I had a very rare tumor called feochromocytoma. He is a brilliant surgeon who quite simply saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

He diagnosed me, gave me choices, educated me to make the best choice and performed the surgery. He and his team took outstanding care of me an I couldn't be happier with the care I was provided.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr Dahl is not only an artist, but a great guy. I could not have received better care or a better result. I was surprised by how painless the procedure was.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

Clear communicator, so no surprises. Technical skills are outstanding

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Excellent doctor. I traveled 800 miles to have surgery with Dr Dahl. Best decision of my life. Thanks to Dr Dahl, I have my life back. I can enjoy my family and I'm back to work full time.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dahl performed a laparoscopic radical prostatectomy on me 11/2002 for early-stage cancer at age 64. In the aftermath, negligible urinary incontinence, but erectile function never recovered--for which I blame the odds, not Dahl. Recovery from the procedure was very rapid and uncomplicated, and his follow-up care has been excellent in every way, including help with workarounds for the impotence. (My advice: pray for nerve regeneration and a partner with a sense of humor.)

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

Dr. Dahl worked on me after I returned from having a Radical Prostatectomy done at John Hopkins. I recommend him strongly. He operated on me later for my inability to pee due to scar tissue. He did very well as I am totally continent.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007

Dr. Douglas M. Dahl's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

AARP