Ratings for Dr. Patricia S. Thayer

Had a Dr. Appt. on 9/8/17. Have been to Dr. Thayer, 3 times. Was not disappointed. This time, it took 10 telephone calls to get in. Once I did get an appointment, I was late because of the Harvey flood traffic even though, I left in double the time. Tried to call the office out of respect, because I was running late. Never got thru. Once I got there, the entire time I was reduced to a fly on the wall by the staff. First telling me I was late, and now have to be fit in. The staff continues to berate me about new paperwork even though I am a current patient. After I filled out my paper work again. One of the staff yelled at me that I was not fast enough and then asked me why I was even there. "This practice is for expecting mothers, and issues with birthing and follow-ups" You should go to another Dr. and see your general practitioner for a well women. I am in my fifties and needed a medicine refill. "did i not know that some of the staffers houses were under water and I have no sympathy"? "We are behind because of all the issues" and you were late, we will get to you when we get to you". After my appt which was at 9:30 and was seen at 12:30, I left in tears, crying all the way to my car, feeling as if I was not worthy to make an appointment and see the doctor for my needs. I cannot come back, I cannot face being verbally and emotionally tortured by the staff.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Inefficient and overworked doctors that treat patients as $$$. They only see you for five minutes, make you wait over 1.5 hours after arriving at the office and they rush through the doctor patient time. Unacceptable! Staff not very professional. One example, staff was on phone talking to someone about getting something fixed at her house for 10-15 minutes while I waited in front of her on the counter. This after I waited total of 2.5 hours for my appointment. unbelievable!! many more examples of incompetency at this location but few characters left. I would suggest the retrain staff or replace. Limit number of patients if you can't see all and most importantly doctors go back to basics and spend time with patient and listen to their needs.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Thayer is nice, but TOO BUSY. Very difficult to get an appointment. I have been going to her for about 13 years and I'm going to switch doctors after my next appointment. Every year I get pushed back further into the calendar year for my annual appointment. Her nurse is, well to be nice, an airhead. The other nurses seem knowledgeable and friendly. The wait time is terrible. I usually have to allot anywhere from 2-3 hours for my appointment, which I'm never called back on time, even though I arrive at least 30 minutes early. I like Dr. Thayer, but much too difficult to see her and the wait is unacceptable. Disappointed after all these years.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Dr. Thayer is fantastic, and I've been going to her for 13 years. I had a rough delivery with my first child that led to complications for me (baby is totally healthy). She remained very calm through the whole procedure, and was genuinely concerned about my health. My second pregnancy, we found out our child would have a birth defect. The entire staff stayed late that day to make sure that my husband and I were okay. Dr Thayer even called me at home the next day to see if I had more questions. Recently, I had a procedure that requires general anesthesia for many patients, but she was confident that I was a good candidate to have the procedure done in her office. I was awake the whole time, and it went perfectly. She knows her patients well and handles each situation individually and professionally.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Dr. Thayer and Dr. Storey were great OBs, thorough, extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. I used them with my 9-year-old son and decided to use them again this time around. I feel very comfortable and cared for with their practice.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

No one talks to you if you need to make an appointment or if you have a medical issue. You have to ALWAYS leave a message and wait to be called back. Staff is not friendly. The DR. is nice when you do get to see her, but you will be lucky to have 5 minutes with her where then you'll be tossed to one of her nurses or staff. I was excited to use her because I had some word of mouth referrals to use her, but i think she is so out of the loop and out of touch with her patients. It's quite sad and I think she needs to re-evaluate how many clients she takes on versus how she treats each one. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

I will have to mimick what another commenter said about Dr. Thayer, she is "nice". Dr. Thayer just sees patients as that and doesn't try and get personable. A little worrisome is that she didn't know how to work an ultrasound machine. Maybe I'm just biased because I had such a great OB/GYN my first pregnancy who did everything and new how to do the little things that the nurses do. In addition, her staff and office are quite rude. I was late at most 10 minutes, but didn't see the doctor until almost an hour later. Overall, I'd rate her at a 2 out of 10.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

She just tried to get her job done instead of really listening or helping the patient, though she LOOKS nice. Very disappointed experience.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Thayer is great. I relocated to Houston when I was 12 wks pregnant and wasn't happy about finding a new doctor. I had a few minor concerns during the pregnancy and would describe the staff with one word: thorough. I was induced one week early and Dr. Thayer was there at every point. She saved my baby's life when he heart rate started dropping and she had me in an emergency c-section in minutes. I will never complain again when there are delays in her office for emergency c-sections! Will continue to go to her for years to come.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

Dr. Patricia S. Thayer's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Pacificare