Ratings for Dr. Louis F Amorosa

I wish I could say that Dr. Amorosa is a great doctor if I was able to have a chance to meet him. Unfortunately after trying for 2 month to make an appointment I just simply gave up. I used to be patient of great Dr. Maman who recently retired and I needed to find another Doctor. Since Dr. Amorosa was highly recommended I thought it would be a simple procedure to make an initial appointment. Boy, I was wrong. The scheduling staff and specifically Talullah and Lisa sent me through rounds and rounds of demands . There were numerous demands to provide all the precious records, consent of the prior Dr. who is already retired, latest lab test, claims that their calls to the primary physician (who kindly agreed to provide all the documentations) did not go through, claims that they left details messages on the phone number “I provided to them" (which in reality I never did as they never asked so they called the old phone number from prior Dr. records). They don't want to listen; they were nasty and rude to me and actually to other doctor's offices. They simply hang up if they decide they don’t want to deal with you. I've never saw such terrible customer services at any Doctor's office. If you lucky enough to pass these horrible office workers and make an actual appointment – I am sure you will be happy to meet Dr. Amorosa.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Amoroso was not only one of the most experienced and knowledgeable doctor I have ever been to (and no, they aren't all that knowledgeable), but he was also kind, understanding and empathetic. He explained my illness very thoroughly and at the same time helped me to deal with it in a most sensitive way.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Just because someone is written up in Castle Connely's best doctors doesn't mean they are the best. I had a horrible experience with this group of doctors. I was referred to him for having a low thyroid. Despite symptoms of hypothyroidism and having the blood test to prove it he told me it was stress. Told me I was too young to have a thyroid disease and recommended I should go on anti-depressants. Placed me on meds that made my hypothyroidism worse and wouldn't let me off of it until my T4 was almost completely suppressed. I had to change doctors who acknowledged my condition and gave me the proper thyroid treatment. The staff there also sucks. Not only nasty, but possess no knowledge about hormones. Didn't think that was possible in an endocrinology office. Diabetes might be his forte, but not hypothyroidism.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

I just love him. He has been treating me for my thyroid cancer for 4 years now. He takes his time and is a caring man. He never rushes and handles the patient in front of him. His bedside manner is an A++. He explains things when asked and doesn't talk down to you. He does run behind but I know he is giving each patient the time and care I would expect.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Went to this doctor in the past. Did not diagnose a serious thyroid problem. The residents looked scared and told him all the symptoms I was having right in the office. He promptly told me to leave and never come back to his office which I never did. Now I at least know what condition I have due to going through three more endocrinologists until I found a good one.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2010

Dr Amorosa is so knowledgeable and up to date on diabetes. I also have addison's disease which he treats. He has been there to help me in many instances and is very conscientiuos. He follows up when I am not expecting it on weekends. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

I have been a critical care nurse for 20 years. I can tell you that Dr. Amorosa is the best. He knows his stuff. His personality is warm and compassionate. He is hands down my favorite MD. I would trust him with my life. If there are others who do not feel the same, I assume that there are details being left out. His staff is great and I have no problem with appointment, labs or prescriptions.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Amiable, explains questions well, takes his time, esp. if a student is present. Covers all aspects of diabetes: glucose curve & advises accordingly;feet; heart; exercise. We loved him for diabetes II care.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

I found Dr. Amorosa to be arrogant. Big talker, not a very good listener. Very busy guy.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2008

I have two degrees beyond high school, yet I was treated as "mindless"; this doctor was was arrogant, rude and dismissive; My visit was for an endocrinology consult.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2007

Dr. Louis F Amorosa's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1969)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Brunswick, NJ