Ratings for Dr. Sung Joon Sohn

Misdiagnosed poor english and rude. Told me I had a uterine infection when it was a urinary infection.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I think the prior comment is accurate as he seemed to try to make me fit my beliefs into his box (i am a woman) i didn't care for his lack of knowledge or overall "my way is the right way and the only way" attitude. he insisted on things i thought unneccesary...also the office could have been nicer with a little care. I wont go back ever again. the receptionist was nice.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

While Dr. Sohn is a caring a thorough physician, he was so stubborn and closed minded with my case that I had to leave him and be successfully treated by other doctors. He refused to believe in a traditional treatment for an irregular heartbeat which I ended up having against his judgement. The procedure gave me my life back and I never went back to him again... There are certain good things about him but don`t look for any innovative thinking here..

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

This doctor is very careful and old fashion. He takes his time but is not fully up to date on new processes. He also keeps you coming back for follow ups when one visit would have done just fine.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007

Dr Sohn, is very helpful. He always goes above and beyond to ensure nothing is missed. I really like the fact that when you have an appointment with him, he and his staff do not rush you. He will even call you in his office prior to every exam, and allow you the opportunity to talk with him about your needs. Of course he does write "EVERYTHING" down while you are talking. Having been to several other doctors I have been in search for a Dr. that really cares and is accurate. So far I belive Dr. Sohn is that Dr. I agree that he is a little old fashioned. I appreciate that though, because I am not a fan of spending 20 mins waiting to see a Dr and then only speaking with that Dr. for 5 minutes. Not so with Dr.Sohn!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2006

I believe this MD has your interest at heart but is VERY stubborn as in, it's my way. There is a cultural difference as this MD is Korean and I was told he hangs out primarily with Koreans and so maintains this difference. Many times I must have him repeat sentences to clarify them.I stay with him because I believe he is a caring person but I believe my wife will eventually move on as she has difficulty every time. I honestly think it is the subservient nature of females in his culture and my wife is not going to stand for the staying in her place attitude. Of cause I could be wrong but she seems to believe this also. When I go I give him a list for my blood work and stick to it. I know it annoys him but is is my body, my health and my life.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2005

Dr. Sung Joon Sohn's Credentials

• Kyongpook Natl Univ, Coll Of Med, Taegu, So Korea (Grad. 1970)

Top Hospitals in Goshen, NY