Ratings for Dr. Eric A. Putterman

Waited over 1-1/2 hours which is not acceptable.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

As far as I'm concerned, This man walks on water!! I went to Dr Lastihinos for ankle surgery and he completely messed the whole surgery up. Thank God for Eric Putterman!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Total disaster! I was to have a knee cartilege debridement and during the procedure when I was in twilight sleep, I saw him taking out all the cartilage in my knee not simply where the lesion was. Further, the kneecap never tracked properly after this surgery and I was a complete mess. I had to go elsewhere to have my knee replaced afterwards. I don't know how people like this get medical licenses. Also, the rating system here doesn't seem to weigh outcomes effectively against lesser concerns such as punctuality and staff. If I were to rate this doctor according to results, he would get the lowest rating possible.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

I wanted to have Dr Putterman treat my knees but could not allow myself to make a patient commitment to Dr Putterman after waiting over 1 1/2 hours in his waiting room and then being told that he had to see 3 more patients before seeing me. That was unacceptable and disrespectful to me. I hear he is a wonderful MD just as I am a wonderful patient who will not be disrespected in a MD's waiting room. I chose to leave. The overbooking is not acceptable.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Staff doesn't care and will make you wait for hours. The upgraded to a computer system and if you were a prior patient you had to do over half an hours paper work since they didn't update your records themselves. I stopped using Dr. Putterman.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Been seeing Dr. P for over 13 years now and he is by far the best ortho dr. I have seen to date. Had right shoulder surgery 10 years ago and remain pain free.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

I went to Dr. Putterman for some torn cartilage in my knee. He performed the surgery and about 5 years later my ACL in the same knee blew out. I went back to the same practice although DR. Putterman was not there anymore. My new Dr. said "well you could have expected this your ACL had a 75% tear already" I said "WHAT??" he said "yeah it's in the report from your last arthroscopy" Putterman never saw fit to mention it to me and to advise me to take precautions. Could have saved me alot of time and pain.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

I agree. Despite his excellent reputation in the field, he continues to be all about the patient. I was in agony from a shoulder injury despite therapy & corisone shots. I had another appointment on a Thursday, he asked me if I thought I was ready for surgerh, & we did it theollowing Tuesday. It was very successfuly, he is a pleasure to visit,& I would recommend him without reservation. If only they could schedule better to reduce waiting time..........

flag | Submitted September 9, 2008

I'll recommend Dr. Putterman to anyone who needs a Dr that is concerned with your well being, he is accommodating and patient,caring and honest.I was treated by Dr. Putterman even though he was not sure that he was going to be paid.He is the best.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr. Eric A. Putterman's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1980)

Caresource