Ratings for Dr. Morteza Shahamat

Dr. Shahamat is not only a great doctor but also a wonderful human being. It sad to see doctors today only care about money but heart worming to see a doctor out there that actually cares about his patient’s well-being like a true doctor should. No wonder his patients wait patiently in the waiting room to see him (I always wondered about that but now I know). Dr. Shahamat: you are the best; keep up the good work and thank you for everything you have done.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr shamat is the kindest most beautiful soul.yes you have to wait for him for a long time but once you get into the room he spends the same ti.e with you! You cannot out a timeline on how much he cares for his patients. If you want a Dr that doesn't care about the patient bit what time it is go to someone else and get 5 minute help. I adore him as my Doctor. Thank you Dr shamat for being awsome. JENNIFER SMITH.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Shahamat and his staff are very nice and friendly and he is very knowledgeable but he too often does not take complaints seriously and wants to write everything off to stress. I have had issues that ended up getting diagnosed by other doctors. Also he overschedules appointments and arrives late (afterthe first appointment) almost every time i am there so that he is backed up at least 45- 1 hour or more every time i visit. Likes to prescribe a lot of medicine but never talks to your other doctors to coordinate on care.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

The nurse is always nice to me , the secretary is( rudeeeeeeeeeeeeee The nurse is always nice to me , his secretary the one with the saucer eyed waifs is( nasty, rude , stupid like crap), punctuality is 0 , doctor is rude to me most off the time , I'm leaving his Ass . No more taking my money.....

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

He made me wait for over 2 hours for what ended up being a rushed, 5 minute "consultation". He also inexplicably refused to take my blood on account of having had a banana and yogurt to eat earlier in the morning. I had never been refused blood testing due to having eaten food unless it was to specifically test for something. I was simply asking for a routine blood draw. He was incredibly rude and so unhelpful and I have changed doctors due to his horrendous demeanor. He made me feel like my concerns and requests were not valid or important. What a terrible way for a Dr. to be to a patient.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

When I switched to another practice he refused to give me my medical records, which is illegal.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr Morteza is great. He listens to your concerns and he's extended the life of some people I know. Sometimes he listens too long though, some patients just go on and on and cause a backlog. Also he is in a large medical building, and the pharma sales reps constantly drop in without an appointment and make long waits for the patients. There is a new nurse now who's excellent but the other ones do not seem concerned about the patients.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

He is a truly a human being, a very kind, respectful, knowledgeable about his field, taking time with patient very courteous and above all extremely caring about the well being of his patients. I will refer him in a heart beat to anyone who seeks medical attention.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014

Dr. Shahamat is an excellent doctor infact is the single best doctor I've ever been to. I feel like he truly cares about his patients well being. He really focuses on each patient he is with. I never feel like he is rushing with me, Dr. Shahamat really listens and considers what I've said before just making a quick diagnosis. I really trust Dr. Shahamat I would recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor. Also his staff while they are very busy they are helpful and courteous.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

This Dr. is extremely helpful I have seen him go way out of his way for patients. He has a large practice hence the long wait. He will give samples to people that cant afford to buy the meds and he gets them from the Drug Co. reps that stop in. So people, don't complain. It's you that don't care about other people! He is my Dr for 10+ yrs. and is very med savvy! The staff are good people and very busy if you want your test results call them and don't give them attitude on the phone..

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

Dr. Morteza Shahamat's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1970)

WellCare Health Plans