Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey L. Shakin

i would never recommend this doctor he did not have the time to learn of my condition he doesn't listen to the patient I don't know of his knowledge because he did not explain he was in a rush to go to the next patient, Definitely I would not ever go back I got worse after I saw him.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Although I waited more than 90 minutes the staff was very apoloetic and the wait was worth it.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

very pleased with doctor office runvery well dr shakin is a caring and very knowledgable physician

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

The doctor saw my husband on a post-op visit. The surgery was not done by him. I found him rushed, confusing in his instructions, unaware my husband was upset about his condition, and did little to reassure us that he was okay. Not enough contact to comment on his medical knowledge. It was an unpleasant first encounter, and we will not see him again by choice.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

sat and talked to me and my spouse about my eye condition and the options. Took his time to explain clearly. I thought he was caring and nice. Would definitely recommend to others but there is a long wait to see him.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I cannot believe what I am reading here. I have a difficult retina problem and Dr. Shakin had no problem referring me to doctors at NY Eye and Ear and Columbia for consultations. Also, at different times I have had consultations with 5 of the other 9 doctors in his practice. I believe him to be caring, thoughtful, knowledgeable. The office does not turn away patients and if you have a retina problem you only want to go to a multi doctor office where a doctor is always there or on call. Do you have to wait when you go there YES.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

This was the worst experience , it's run like a factory and you don't get treated like a person, you are a number, There are so many other great doctors out there, you should avoid Dr. Shakin, he looks like he has lost his ability to relate and he's not that up to date on the literature. Definitely go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

I cannot believe all the negative comments, I have been using Dr. Shakin for over 20 years and I have always had a pleasant experience with him. The office is a mad house and the wait is smetimes long but Dr. Shakin has always answered my questions and concerns and managed my situation well. If you are not satisfied with him there are nine other doctors in the practice and you can make an appointment with one of them.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

If it weren't for Dr. Shakin, I wouldn't be able to drive. He's kept me from going blind, and I'm very grateful. I went to him as soon as I started having vision problems (macular degeneration). He began giving me Avastin injections in my eye, and I go back every six weeks to determine if I need additional injections. Because of his careful diagnosis and treatment, I was able to pass my driver's license test and will be able to drive for another 8 years. His office is extremely busy, but my eyesight is worth the time and effort of visits there. Dr. Shakin answers my questions if I have any and is always concerned about the progress I'm making with my vision. No one on Earth can make miracles happen, but for me, Dr. Shakin is as close as it gets. His reception staff doesn't rise to the level of skill a busy office like this needs, but the technicians are good at what they do, and they try to keep patients moving. I would recommend Dr. Shakin to all who care about their eyesight.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

Had to wait for hours, then saw techs, then finally the doctor. Cold, impersonal, perfunctory yet efficient. Would prefer someone with some sensitivty.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey L. Shakin's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Great Neck, NY