Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey L. Shakin

I have been reading some of the reviews idk what people are thinking when they called two days before the appointment they tell you that you may be waiting up to two hours before you leave to go home. I thought his whole operation was a well oiled machine I would recommend anybody in need of the his services to see him and his staff went to a blind now I can sa I thought his whole operation was a well oiled machine I would recommend anybody in need of the his services to see him and his staff went to a blind now I can see thank you

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Dr Shakin may be a good technician, but he has absolutely no respect for his patients time. I have seen him many times and each time have waited for over an hour. Today I had a 7:30 am appointment, I wasn't called into his room until 8:30 only to learn that he had 3 other 7:30 appointments ahead of me. I left the office, received a refund and requested a copy of my entire file. I was not an emergency case sitting to be seen when he could squeeze me in, I had scheduled this first appointment of the day about 6 weeks earlier. There are other good, experienced doctors on Long Island and I will find one that respects me as his patient/client.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

i would never recommend this doctor he did not have the time to learn of my condition he doesn't listen to the patient I don't know of his knowledge because he did not explain he was in a rush to go to the next patient, Definitely I would not ever go back I got worse after I saw him.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Although I waited more than 90 minutes the staff was very apoloetic and the wait was worth it.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

very pleased with doctor office runvery well dr shakin is a caring and very knowledgable physician

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

The doctor saw my husband on a post-op visit. The surgery was not done by him. I found him rushed, confusing in his instructions, unaware my husband was upset about his condition, and did little to reassure us that he was okay. Not enough contact to comment on his medical knowledge. It was an unpleasant first encounter, and we will not see him again by choice.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

sat and talked to me and my spouse about my eye condition and the options. Took his time to explain clearly. I thought he was caring and nice. Would definitely recommend to others but there is a long wait to see him.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I cannot believe what I am reading here. I have a difficult retina problem and Dr. Shakin had no problem referring me to doctors at NY Eye and Ear and Columbia for consultations. Also, at different times I have had consultations with 5 of the other 9 doctors in his practice. I believe him to be caring, thoughtful, knowledgeable. The office does not turn away patients and if you have a retina problem you only want to go to a multi doctor office where a doctor is always there or on call. Do you have to wait when you go there YES.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

This was the worst experience , it's run like a factory and you don't get treated like a person, you are a number, There are so many other great doctors out there, you should avoid Dr. Shakin, he looks like he has lost his ability to relate and he's not that up to date on the literature. Definitely go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

I cannot believe all the negative comments, I have been using Dr. Shakin for over 20 years and I have always had a pleasant experience with him. The office is a mad house and the wait is smetimes long but Dr. Shakin has always answered my questions and concerns and managed my situation well. If you are not satisfied with him there are nine other doctors in the practice and you can make an appointment with one of them.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr. Jeffrey L. Shakin's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

MSP/BC Med