Ratings for Dr. Sheldon Zitman

The best and most caring Doctor in the whole state of California

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Z for over 10 years. The best doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I love Dr. Zitman yes he may often be late... but worth the wait. Joie Hageman-Campodonico

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Outdated & Inappropriate. Needs to retire. Unprofessional read into that what you will

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Aside from liking him as a friend, I am not completely convinced he is up to date on the latest medical practice. His lobby is shabby and the examination rooms in desperate need of a good scrubbing and, at the least, painting. Ugh. Makes one wonder why these things have not been done.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Some of these comments are too crazy. First, the one with the "lady parts" problem. Chicky, it is always uncomfortable. What did you expect? And then, the bright bulb that said Dr. Zitman was old. Compared to what? This office saved my life. Dr. Zitman's partner, Dr. Kar, identified an abcess in my ovary before the results of the sonagram came back. Dr. Zitman was amazing during our move out of state with helping us to find a doctor here and in the transition. Dr. Zitman helped my husband with referrals and general medical advice--and my spouse has some complications. We miss him and Dr.Kar terribly as the level of sophistication in the state we now live is not very high. A+ Dr. Z.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2009

Front office staff are nasty and un-caring. Back office assistants and doctors are nice. Dr. Zitman himself is very nice but I don't know about competence. It is obvious that the nasty staff especially the old blond in billing really are the ones running this office. Avoid!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

Dr Z was great with me , my son, & my wife. I had a back problem & he got the referral out immediately. I finally had back surgery. But thanks to Dr Z, he was a life saver, he even checked me out for kidney stones prior to the back thing, I guess he thought I had a stone, but thank God I didn't. He is the kindest & most generous man I have ever met. Yes you have to wait a little bit to see him, but that is because he spends time with each & every pt. By the way, office is closed 12-2 for lunch every day. When my son had a psychological problem he is the one who calmed us all down.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

The office staff is terrible. They are always rude, and the nurses are the most uncaring and insensitive I have ever encountered. Absolutely no bedside manner. I liked Doctor Zitman as a general practitioner, until I developed problems he (or really another doctor who I had to see in lieu of Dr. Zitman on an emergency basis) simply could not help me with. Dr. Z did give me the name of a doctor who specialized in my issues, but the staff never sent the referral when I asked for it. This happened four times! This, of course is after countless endeavors just to get one of the staff to answer the phone, not hang up after placing me on hold for over ten minutes, and when I did get someone, to have them actually be able to follow what I was talking about. I decided to change doctors, and need my medical records for the new doctor. I was told it would be $25.00 to copy them. No reason why.I even offered my own paper, and the woman on the phone laughed at me. Time to modernize with computers.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Staff anf staff's service are poor, but Dr. Zitman is friendly, warm, caring and most importantly is knowledgable and accurate in diagnosis.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2008

Dr. Sheldon Zitman's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Healthnet