Ratings for Dr. John A. Swanson

I absolutely love Dr. Swanson and his staff. I was having a lot of trouble getting pregnant and had a history or miscarriage and after seeing him I was pregnant in three months! I did have a difficult pregnancy and was a nervous wreck and he and his staff always helped calm my nerves. During my son's delivery his heart rate dropped and Dr. Swanson stayed cool and calm and got him out very quickly. I couldn't ask for a better doctor. I saw the comment saying Barbara is rude, and while I do think she isn't necessarily the friendliest person there, she's by no means rude. I would highly recommend their office!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Swanson is very compassionate and treat you like a human being not a number!! I have been going to him 20-plus years and he's always been there for me!! He was the monitoring doctor for my twin miracle baby boys and delivered them... he's amazing!! Through the years he has always made sure, I've had all my monitoring test and that I'm healthy. I highly recommend him!! You won't find a more compassionate doctor and I love him to pieces!!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

I live in roseville California which is almost 200 miles from dr Swanson but guess what the drive is worth it. That's how awsome he is I have lots of problems in the women's area he has done my surgeries and got me pregnant something I was told at 15 I would never have. I wish I found him sooner

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Swanson's for over 15 years. He has seen me through miscarriages, surgeries and 3 full term pregnancies. His office staff has always been very courteous to me. Some of his nurses and nurse practitioners can be abrupt at times, I can definitely see how that could be misinterpreted as unfriendly. As far as I know, he doesn't accept HMOs and that caused a few issues at the time. Overall, I have been very pleased with his services.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I've had the absolute worst experience at this office. He's supposed to soecialize in hyperemesis gravidarum and he has no idea what he's doing. The nurse practitioner Barbara is so unbelievably rude and completely unprofessional. She has a complete attitude and acts like she hates her job and patients. I've literally had the most awful pregnancy from being so sick and you think your doctors will be able to help you. You never get a nurse calling you back on the same day when it's considered serious. Definitely shows ms they could care less about me or my baby. I will be looking for a new doctor. I sucks because I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I never would have imagined having to go through this or be looking for a new doctor, especially since I've heard such good things. So upset!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I went to doctor Swanson for my prgnancies after my friends recommended him. He is very knowledgable and professional and always addressed any concerns I had. His nurse practioners were very patient and understanding of my concerns, as I had a history of miscarriage. The office staff was always very helpful and accomodating. I would highly recommend this doctor for OB/Gyn care. The only down side to their office is that I heard they aren't contracted with certain insurances, but I'm not sure which ones.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

If you are over 35 and need assistance in getting pregnant, find another physician. His attitude is that no woman over 35 should ever get pregnant. His words to me at my visit. He also refuses to talk with you over phone, he gives his answers to your concerns/questions to his staff, who relays his messages.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Very nice staff from front office to the nurse practitioners. Dr. Swanson himself is very kind and puts you at ease during your appointment. In my experience he orders a lot of tests and tends to favor inductions. Definitely a medical-oriented approach to childbirth.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Dr. John A. Swanson's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)