Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Filer

Went to him complaining of blurred vsion. Did routine eye exam. Indicated I had dry eyes, prescribed over the counter drops and wanted to see me in 90 days. My gp imediately had a CT scan and a MRI done clearly showing a crainopharghimoma. He was recommended for followup after surgery and was indignant that I'd not followed up with him. Feel all he wants is easy cases, very poor in communications, not interested in patient feedback at all. Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

DO NOT GO to This Dr. I went in for a routine check-up. After waiting a long period of time I was examined by various assistants. Finally, Dr. Filer came in and explained that I had cataracts. He said he could understand why my optometrist missed them because they were so very small. He then recommended immediate surgery. He added that I should get the lenses not covered by my insurance because these would be best for me. Before I knew it I was booked for an appointment to have the surgery. Yet another assistant was giving me a sales pitch to reinforce his diagnosis. The first thing my husband said was, “If the cataracts are so small, why do you need surgery right away? Once I was able to think clearer I found another ophthalmologist to obtain a second opinion. Well, it turns out I do NOT need surgery for my cataracts yet. Thank goodness I obtained a second opinion. I would have had unnecessary surgery, and been out at least $2,000.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Dr. Robert S. Filer's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1989)

HIP