Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth A. Albertson

This doctor has NEVER made me feel comfortable at my appointments. She doesn't explain things very well about procedures. When you ask her a question, she acts like you're stupid and that you shouldn't worry or ask her questions. She did a procedure on me where she placed a stent in my ureter and dialated it (under anesthesia) and then removed it three weeks later in her office without any sedation. I watched her remove it on a monitor and it took her multiple times to grasp the stent with a tool to pull it out. I thought it looked like it had grown into my ureter and that made me very nervous and scared that it would hurt me. She looked at me and told me that "it would be alright" as if I was over reacting to the procedure. I now think she removed it too early because it didn't really help me. She doesn't explain things well to her patients about procedures! When I went back for a follow up visit, she started telling me that I needed surgery to reconstruct my ureter but she wasn't sure exactly what needed to be done to fix it. She stressed to me that if I didn't do something soon I could lose my kidney. I was flabbergasted and started crying. I didn't want to lose my kidney and I didn't want or need another abdominal surgery because I had already had a hysterectomy and colostomy and didn't want another abdominal surgery!! The scar tissue from those surgeries is what caused my ureter problems. She never mentioned any other options to me. After contemplating over this for a couple of days, I called back to her office and asked about a possible permanent stent as an option and the nurse told me that she couldn't do that and then acted like I didn't need anything done right now. Dr. Albertson made me think that it was urgent at my follow up visit but then acted like she didn't tell me those things a few days later!! I don't think I would have left her office crying if I was not made to feel that things weren't that bad. I normally don't complain about doctors, but this is one I think you should really think about before you make an appt with her. She may be a good urologist, but if you want a doctor that makes you feel at ease, don't pick this one!! I am getting a second opinion for my issues.....

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

she diagnosed my IC and i am forever thankful to her for giving me the help that various other doctors were not able to properly identify and treat

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I have been with her for going on 20 years while she was at Baptist hosp. She is a great Doc. She always explains my problems to me. U see I lost my bladder and she made me a new one. Now shes always there. One thing I love to have a woman doctor. Then there is her staff they have been with her for years. They can handle anything. Most of the time patients just drop in when they are sick and she works everyone in. Ypu can always count on her. I dont know where she gets all jer energy.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2013

i found her bedside manner nonexistent and a tremendous lack of compassion. She dismissed my questions, I was there because she is a specialist, but this wasn't the case. I was in extreme pain, She was neither concerned nor caring. I would never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

This doctor did not even pretend to be interested in my case, a referral from my family physician. She was argumentative when I asked questions and gave very little useful information. She gave flip answers to my questions, including that my kidneys are filters and mine are different. That's why she sees a small amount of blood in my urine...

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Dr. Albertson comes highly recommended from two of my doctors. She has diagnosed me with a neurogenic bladder from MS and/or back problems.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2008

I found Dr. Albertson's bedside manner to be poor. She lacks empathy, and compassion for her clients. That's my opinion of her as a Urologist. I would not recommend her to friends, or family. So I will look elsewhere for care.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2007

Liz Albertson is a great doc. She explains things thoroughly and is easy to talk to. She makes you feel at ease, even if you feel uncomfortable being at a urology office. She has a lot of pep. I would recommend her to anyone needing urology help.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007

SHE IS THE NICEST DOCTOR YOU WILL EVER MEET. SHE IS ALWAYS HELPFUL AND TAKES CARE OF ALL YOUR PROBLEMS.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2005

Dr. Elizabeth A. Albertson's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

AARP