You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Steven H. Fehrenkamp

No idea why this guy is a doctor if he hates people so much. Must be the money from drug companies. Search his name on this site...you can see for yourself. https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/query?utf8=✓&query=Steven+Fehrenkamp&state=TX&commit=Search

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I waited for a month to see Dr. Fehrenkamp . I found him to be one of the rudest doctor I have ever encounter. Yes, I believe this man knows his business, yet bedside manner is included in how you walk away feeling about the overall experience, and my experience left me feeling there is a lack of respect , compassion, and overall caring . He will not be my choice of doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I had the most horrible experience trying to just book an appointment in this Dr. office. I spoke to a girl by the name of Monica and was very rude and disrespectful. All I needed was an appointment and she did not want to request medical records from my primary doctor, she wanted me to take the records with me or my doctor to send her the medical records before I can even make an appointment. I requested to talk to the manager and told me the manger was not there and that she would transfer me to her voicemail. I had to call my primary doctor to see if the records could be sent and when I called back, after i gave them all my insurance information she wanted my social security number otherwise i could not get an appointment. I spent approximately 3 hours calling doctors back and forth trying to make an appointment and this person, Monica with horrible customer service skills simply told me as per the manager, once I provide all the information, then i could call and make an appointment. So the manger was there. Anyway, I decided that I don't have to put up with no mediocre clerks, I hope Dr. Fehrenkamp sees this review and hire clerks with a better attitude.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Fehrenkamp is my favorite doctor. He is so knowledgeable and a straight-shooter. He approached my problems as a scientist and professional. Such a good listener. He saved my life by identifying something another doctor prescribed that could have killed me. I wish he were my primary care doctor.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Oh my, all these people griping about DrFehrenkamp's office-- I have gone to him for years, always received the best of care, if I don't see him , I see Amy- his pa Brilliant gal. The staff is always nice- and of course- you can't come to him the first time without blood panels , and then gripe when he makes you go get them He is not a mind reader, and needs this information to see what is going on in your body. I was very ill months ago, but he caught it and with his help and my other Dr-- they saved my life. I will never leave Dr Fehrenkamp--if you want a flashy waiting room , your priorities are in the wrong place. This is a good Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Very knowledgeable and caring. Spends a great deal of time with each patient so he can get behind schedule. I am willing to tolerate this rather than be shuffled through the appointment so that he can stay on schedule. Takes time to listen to your questions and thoroughly answer them.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

With the beginning of the year, deductible at ZERO (like everyone) and next thing i know ive been discharged due to 'non compliance'. Non compliance? Rude staff, they dont care about what obstacles in making payment to them possible. He needs to retire. Hippocratic Oath? clearly nobody there has heard of that.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Great Doctor. Never a problem with staff. Building not the newest, he has a great number of patients, don't miss an appointment, it will be 2 to 3 months to reschedule. If you have diabetes, this is the person you want to have help you. His nurses are great.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Be prepared to cram your mid-size car into a tiny parking space (if one is available), wait at least one to two hours in an overcrowded, run down office, and be seen by a different dr. each time you have an appointment. Staff is rude and the office manager is his wife! Good luck with any complaints.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

this is the worst Dr. if one gets to visit with him. It is usually a rude PA. His wife works there and controls everything. No one in the front office has a clue and they always have to ask Lisa F. wife before they can do anything. They are closed on Thurs afternoon at 2pm but Lisa F. has to go to lunch and she will return at 1pm. Worst Dr. and office in Austin, TX.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. Steven H. Fehrenkamp's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1977)

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "No idea why this guy is a doctor if he hates people so much. Must be the money from drug companies. Search his name on this site...you can see for yourself. h..."

February 21, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I waited for a month to see Dr. Fehrenkamp . I found him to be one of the rudest doctor I have ever encounter. Yes, I believe this man knows his business, yet b..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had the most horrible experience trying to just book an appointment in this Dr. office. I spoke to a girl by the name of Monica and was very rude and disrespe..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fehrenkamp is my favorite doctor. He is so knowledgeable and a straight-shooter. He approached my problems as a scientist and professional. Such a good l..."

July 7, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=20017'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 5, 2014