Ratings for Dr. John S. Kung

I saw Dr Chen and Dr Kung as well as other medical technicians. I HIGHLY recommend these great eye doctors and his staff. Not only did i receive the very best care, but his front end staff is also superb. They are very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I am so happy i found Dr Kung and his staff

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

unprofessional Medical Practice, Very good collecting money from the patient. office should be commercial business

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

STAY AWAY from this doctor . He should not be allowed to practice, HORRIBLE DOCTOR. Lots of optamologist out there

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Dr. Kung and the staff are very rude and do not care about your time. Be prepared to wait two hours at the minimum and be billed for services not covered by your insurance. He is also very good at botching LASIK patients.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

This is the worst eye doctor you can go to.Poor clinical and people skills.Dont care about patients.Dont be fooled by the newspaper articles on the walls .

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I paid $7000 over the coverage of medicare for cataract surgery in order to have lasic done at the same time. Before the surgery I had perfect near vision. Now I have to wear glasses to read. Plus, I often see double. Sometimes I just cry about it, especially the double vision.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I have been seeing this doctor for years and he is a very personable man with great skill. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I explained my problem of skin above eyelid pressing down. My first appointment one of the staff performed a series of tests directly on my eyes. When I asked she stated we do not do that surgery. I told Dr. Kung and he said they do that surgery. I was given another appointment for the surgeon in his office to determine if I would be covered under my insurance(Medicare & GHI). I was given another series of tests and waited again approx. 1/2 hr. at which time in all probability one eye would be covered but given a 3rd appointment for Dr. Kung and again given another series of tests and again waited over 30mins., Dr. Kung said I am a candidate for glaucoma and wanted to do lasik surgery but that it was not a cure but prolong it. He referred me to Dr. Schiller for the surgery for the skin above eyelids and I said you told me you do that surgery which he denied and although insurance covered most I would never recommend Dr. Kung as I believe unnecessary tests and deceptive practices.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Poor staff attitudes , Dr spends 10 minutes with you after sitting for hours. Runs tests just to make more money

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I just had cataract surgery with an upgraded lens several weeks ago. I do see much clearer and am grateful, though I was scared at first. I was referred to Dr. Kung by my doctor who told me he was also his patient. I am very satisfied with their services. Everyone is professional and they really do care about me.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. John S. Kung's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Massachusetts